Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone up for some leather on willow..

Anyone fancy a little bit of cricket to celebrate the up comming Ashes series, i know there are quite a few fellow cricketers on here so wonderd if anyone would be up for little game? would be great if we could get enough bodies for proper 20/20 game between ourselfs or challenge the nigels or owt. Im an overweight demon spin bowler and a brickwall of a batsman my record was 2 and a half hours to score 3.. if we could get some decent numbers maybe we could look into forming a club, i have played for about 4 different teams over the last 3 or so years and never felt at home like i would with fellow like minded piss poor cricketers who loved the addicks. Of course friends and siblings and children welcomed as the last club i played for we had 4 14 year olds in our line up. We could play in the south east or around the dartford Bexley area unless somone knew a ground we could use, i dont have any stumps but have a spare set of leg pads and a bat that can be shared around if no one has equipment. Anywhoo if no one is up for it thats cool but if there are any cricketers on here currently playing for a friendly league club give us a shout if you need a body to make up the numbers. Cheers all up the Addicks, Up the Spitfires and up the England!!!

91928.jpg

Comments

• Options
    I'll give it a go, i've only ever managed about 3 runs playing it in PE, cos I just slog it and get caught out.

Although as bowler I got 4 people out conceding 0 runs :)
  • Options
    Yeah why not :)
  • Options
    Oh dear, the first thing that popped in to mind from the topic was this:
    BifNakedVampire.gif
    Clearly some part of my brain is still stuck in the late 90s.
  • Options
    Let me know if you fix up a Twenty20 and if you are short. (My top score is 101*, best bowling 6-34).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Let me know if you fix up a Twenty20 and if you are short. (My top score is 101*, best bowling 6-34).

are you Flintoff ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Let me know if you fix up a Twenty20 and if you are short. (My top score is 101*, best bowling 6-34).

are you Flintoff ?
    No. Very similar, but I drink more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

are you Flintoff ?

Mike Gatting???
  • Options
    We had a game about three years running on the old Netaddicks board against Maidstone CASC at Cobdown.

It ended up hard to get players so it died a death.

I reckon your best bet might be Bank Holiday in August when people who play won't have a game. Kit won't be a problem.

A few names that used to play in those games: AFKA, Medders, Carling, Les_says, 1905, Steve Dowman, Riscardo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

are you Flintoff ?

Mike Gatting???
    I met Mike Gatting once. At the offices of the Professional Cricketers Association. He walked into the lift and I clocked him and couldn't resist saying hello. He probably gets cricket fans recognising him all the time, but I said to him...

“Can I just say it’s an absolute honour and privilege...” [Gatting starts to look bored] “... for me, as a long-time fan...” [Gatting tries to stifle a yawn] “...finally to meet ...” [Gatting’s eyes glaze over] “...someone...” [Gatting tries to keep awake] “...whose brother used to play for Charlton. How is Steve these days?” [Gatting visibly shocked, miffed and then bursts into laughter]

We then had a nice chat about Charlton and how Steve enjoyed his time there.
  • Options
    I know this is slightly off topic but on Monday evening I was in my local Somerfield (in Claygate, Surrey). As I walked out I almost bumped into none other than Curtley Ambrose! I thought that the heat was making me hallucinate until I worked out that he was playing for a Richie Richardson XI versus Lashings the day before in Thames Ditton...