Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ok, this is what we're going to do...

1] sacking les reed is not an option...we make it clear that with les's full cooperation he was a stop-gap solution while the board secretly got on with the job of finding a new manager...

2] he was offered the extended contract as head coach as a recognition of all the flack he had to take and the confidence the baord have in his coaching abilitites...

3] we appoint a manager christmas day (after this sunday's newspapers have been read so we dont look like mugs if a story floating around the city turns out to be true )...les tells everybody he's glad that's over and he can let the cat out of the bag and can concentrate on what he's very good at...

4] no loss of face or personnel all round...

Comments

• Options
    ltgtr - are you feeling ok?

I can actually read that post, it is split up and everything, very readable!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]... if a story floating around the city turns out to be true ......

What story floating around the city? Come on mate, spill the beans...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]... if a story floating around the city turns out to be true ......

What story floating around the city? Come on mate, spill the beans...

nothing to do with charlton...just the usual made up rubbish about a currently unemployed manager that's supposedly going to hit this weekends papers...still, be a bummer for a charlton trying to save face and typical of our season so far if by chance we knee-jerk announce this guy as our manager and a load of crap comes out a day or two later...
  • Options
    So exactly what has Alan Pardew been doing now to attract the attention of the Sunday newspapers?
  • Options
    I've heard this rumour. i was hoping it was going to get brushed under the carpet now pardew's been sacked, But obviously i was wrong.