Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will media pressure end reed's dream

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
It's not his fault but he is out of his depth.The idea that we can appoint a manager to work with appointed club coaches just doesn't work.All went pete tong as soon as curbs departed, he had a strong hold and say on what went on. The board had another concept/idead which has backfired. we should now get plan z in place for another fight.
HANG THE DJ

Comments

• Options
    no, fan pressure will. I wasn't particularly pleased with my own reaction tonite but it was how I felt. The Board have really screwed this up big time. First big mistake was expecting to be able to appoint a manager who'd be happy to work with coaches already appointed by the Club. Second mistake was when that manager realised that, despite previously saying he could, found he couldn't work with those coaches. Instead of then allowing him to bring in his own people they sacked him instead. Mistake three, appointing an unproven person to effectively manager on a three year contract. Les isn't the right man but even if you thought he was then why not give him to the end of the season and then assess the situation then. To keep him now would be mistake number four. I feel for the guy. Thrown in at the deep in he hasn't even been able to keep his head above water. Six months and fifteen years of hard work and anquish is giung down the pan. The players have a lot ot answer for.
  • Options
    The media are largely clueless about Charlton - with some honourable exceptions - it'll be fan pressure that does it, on the whole.

That said, Reed is VERY lucky Sky couldn't switch tonight's live game to The Valley. Although the pictures running on Sky Sports News right now won't help his cause, if he wants to stick around.