Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Osei Sankofa - Move up or move on.

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
The lad is 21 and has a chance to have a bit of a run with Captain Chaos injured (albeit in a shower of a team). So if he's still not ready or doesn't make the grade should we let him go or hope he'll cut it in The Championship next season?

Comments

• Options
    Sure give him a crack...... I think Young has been gash....
  • Options
    Tomorrow will be as good a time as any, if he can't cut it against Wycombe then he'll never last in the Premiership.
  • Options
    captain chaos! lol, nice one stone dood that made me laugh
  • Options
    Young is a quality player- but i feel he is disaffected now-

Sankofa should start tommorow-a good run, may well gave a few games to make a mark, It's what he must have been wishing for-And if Les Reed can't motivate him with this what hope have we?

Seize the moment Osei!
  • Options
    I tell you.... some how Dowie just pulled the WHOLE club down.... we dont have any bite or heart left..... I am desperate to know what is going on behind the scenes... how do you go about pulling a whole squad out of a depression ..... we need something NOW and something BIG... I am at a loss as we all are.... it does seem very out of control....

Ps I am aware that the use of language is probably not the best!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    i see a much better play in Luke Young than Stone does, mainly because i appreciate he is in the rare position of having absolutely no cover or support from the midfielder in front of him.

If Young had a Johhny R, or Graham Stuart in front, there would be very little negativity about his game. I think the poor run has got to him, and others. When was the last time you saw him go on the overlap, for example ?
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Edited after AFKA's post- Fair commetsabout Young D, especially with regard to Robbo or Graham Stuart, who to my mind was a quintessential Charlton pro and a GREAT Curb's signing!

Truth be known Mascott- you are going through what so many of us Addicks who care are, it will manifest itself in diferent ways, Anger, denial to name but a few.

At this time the whole club needs some leadership- At this time some Churchillian words- We won't get them from Reed, Peter Varney is a great guy, but more Mr Calculator than Mr Motivator.

Leaves only Richard Murray- Speak up Richard- please!
  • Options
    Sure... when he did have the cover he had the chance to go about his business relatively quietly.... then when he realised that he could push up abit he did so pretty well, and ended up geting noticed.... I think that he and everyone has really got very, very demoralized....... thats why we still need to pull a rabbit.... maybe an unexpected Messiah type signing like..... ermmm .... Batistuta.... yes... batistuta that should do it....

Im only joking... I do rate Young, but not fully and I still dont think he is that good really and he wanted to leave....
  • Options
    Reply the only time I think I have seen him on the overlap was v Blackburn. I have assumed he is injured but playing like D Bent and apparently a couple of others the cupboard is bare.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i see a much better play in Luke Young than Stone does, mainly because i appreciate he is in the rare position of having absolutely no cover or support from the midfielder in front of him.

If Young had a Johhny R, or Graham Stuart in front, there would be very little negativity about his game. I think the poor run has got to him, and others. When was the last time you saw him go on the overlap, for example ?

Good point. Luke is a far better player on the rare occasions Kish plays wide right because they help each other out.

Liverpool at Home last season is a classic example of what I'm saying.

I agree tomorrow could prove to be a big game for Osei Sankofa.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree about Graham Stuart ... if Curbs had been successful in bringing him in earlier then we could well have stayed up that year!