Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Bruce

Comments

• Options
    Sacked.
  • Options
    The message has changed to cabbage for Bruce!
  • Options

Sacked.

no surprise .. I got chatting to a Villa fan on the train before the start of the season, so even before things went tits up for Brucie .. she really knew her stuff .. anyway, the opinion was that Bruce is too 'old school' and lacks tactical awareness .. she suggested that last season John Terry was the guiding hand that got them to the play off final, only to lose to Fulham .. Bruce depended too much on Grealish for creativity and had too many older/past it players in the squad (exacerbated by lack of purchasing funds ?) .. having said that, perhaps a last minute injury time penalty miss has cost him his job prematurely

the new owners have spent a fortune on buying the club and now want a new manager to protect their investment and before they release the cash to refurbish the team .. my money is on yet another foreigner to come in as manager
  • Options
    These puns are vegging on the ridiculous
  • Options
    He stood no chance once the crowd turned on him, singing 'What a load a radish'
  • Options
    Aston Villa could be in serious trouble this season!!

Was always going to be a difficult job as they put all their eggs into the one basket and aimed for promotion within the two seasons they had their parachute payments

Thats gone now so will be even more limited by FFP and were damned lucky to keep Jack Grealish (who isnt doing much)

Wouldnt surprise me if they struggle like Ipswich as Steve Bruce and Mick McCarthy are the sort that guarantee you Championship survival
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Savage cabbage
  • Options

Was always going to be a difficult job as they put all their eggs into the one basket and aimed for promotion within the two seasons they had their parachute payments

Thats gone now so will be even more limited by FFP and were damned lucky to keep Jack Grealish (who isnt doing much)

Wouldnt surprise me if they struggle like Ipswich as Steve Bruce and Mick McCarthy are the sort that guarantee you Championship survival

Very poor one, that.

Eggs are nothing like cabbage.
  • Options

They got rich investors in the summer.

That's how they were able to sign the likes of El Ghazi, Bolasie and Tammy Abraham on loan near the end of August.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Sacked, but what a way to go out
  • Options

He’ll have a decent pay out.

Enough for a few nights in the Savoy at least.

Or a week in ayia napa
  • Options
    Someone needs to throw a cabbage at Roland.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Should dump 20 tonnes of brussel sprouts in front of the reception of the west stand, might only just notice, what with the potholes and that.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

We can throw Steve Bruce at him now.
  • Options
    That means a certain fat scouse chancer has started jumping up and down in Oxford shouting, "Me me me!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoping for a Villa new manager bounce on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Curbs 16-1 and of course, don’t think anyone in their right mind would lob a cabbage at
  • Options
    If Roly ever shows his face, he should get the Brussels treatment (only kidding, Keyhole).
  • Options

Something was fermenting at Villa Park last night

Kimchi for Bruce

• Options

He’ll have a decent pay out.

Enough for a few nights in the Savoy at least.

Yes he will get a Brucie bonus
  • Options
    Had it not been for a keepers glove then he would probably still be in. But it's a brutal world out there. Time waits for no man.
  • Options

Sacked.

no surprise .. I got chatting to a Villa fan on the train before the start of the season, so even before things went tits up for Brucie .. she really knew her stuff .. anyway, the opinion was that Bruce is too 'old school' and lacks tactical awareness .. she suggested that last season John Terry was the guiding hand that got them to the play off final, only to lose to Fulham .. Bruce depended too much on Grealish for creativity and had too many older/past it players in the squad (exacerbated by lack of purchasing funds ?) .. having said that, perhaps a last minute injury time penalty miss has cost him his job prematurely

the new owners have spent a fortune on buying the club and now want a new manager to protect their investment and before they release the cash to refurbish the team .. my money is on yet another foreigner to come in as manager
    Not having a go at you mate, but it always cracks me up when fans accuse a bloke like Steve Bruce, who has been in the game for fourty odd years professionally of ‘lacking tactical awareness’.

The bloke has been around the game since the early 80’s, has played hundreds of games for Man United, played in the Champions League, won the ECWC and countless other prizes, do Aston Villa fans honestly think that he doesn’t understand football tactics?

He missed out on promotion via the PO Final last year, and has had a mixed start to the season this time round, and has now been sacked – absolute madness.
  • Options

Sacked.

Not having a go at you mate, but it always cracks me up when fans accuse a bloke like Steve Bruce, who has been in the game for fourty odd years professionally of ‘lacking tactical awareness’.

The bloke has been around the game since the early 80’s, has played hundreds of games for Man United, played in the Champions League, won the ECWC and countless other prizes, do Aston Villa fans honestly think that he doesn’t understand football tactics?

He missed out on promotion via the PO Final last year, and has had a mixed start to the season this time round, and has now been sacked – absolute madness.
    The same at Charlton when some of the clowns on here accused Phil Parkinson - small matter of 500 Football League games as a player and 200 games as a manager before coming to Charlton - as being 'tactically naive' - it used to proper crack me up.

The irony of some Sunday league pub player on here accusing a bloke who has been in the professional game for 30 years of being 'tactically naive' seemed to escape many people!
  • Options
    Pardew incoming.
  • Options

Sacked.

The same at Charlton when some of the clowns on here accused Phil Parkinson - small matter of 500 Football League games as a player and 200 games as a manager before coming to Charlton - as being 'tactically naive' - it used to proper crack me up.

The irony of some Sunday league pub player on here accusing a bloke who has been in the professional game for 30 years of being 'tactically naive' seemed to escape many people!
    The criticism of Bruce and Parkinson may or may not be sound but, equally, Karl Robinson has managed for 450 matches but not many would accuse him as being a tactical genius. Equally, I've been playing House of the Rising Sun for over 40 years on the guitar but it doesn't make me Eric Clapton. Sadly.