Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Contract Expiry

sorry if this has already been answered to death... but haven't been in here much lately

have all of the contracts of the 'out-of-contract' players now expired?

I realise that we haven't published a 'released players' list....

but.... if those players' contracts have expired...then well.... they aren't with us any longer - right?

so yeah - have they expired? when do they expire? end of May? or what?

cheers,

Siv

Comments

• Options
    I think they run to June 1st Siv.
  • Options
    cheers bud...

we should hear something about what is going on/is going to go on before then then

maybe :)
  • Options
    I think its 30th June
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]I think its 30th June

As Kap said, 30th June.
  • Options
    Yeah 30th June, would be nice to hear something from the club, but it's not really going to change anything. The clubs that have announced their released list haven't saved any money, players still finish their contracts at the end of June.
  • Options
    30th June, I stand corrected. What's the point in that then? The domestic season never goes into June so why pay them for it? If they were doing a proper job and living by the same rules as the rest of us it could be considered holiday pay, but their lives are one long party anyway.
  • Options
    Don't know but all clubs run contracts to 30th June (that are effectively contracts to the end of season).
  • Options
    It was explained in Gary Nelsons book, just can't find my copy to remind myself
  • Options
    I guess it would mean players wouldn't get paid for a month, since a club wouldn't want to sign them until July when training starts again? Won't matter at the higher levels, but it would obviously effect lower league players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]30th June, I stand corrected. What's the point in that then? The domestic season never goes into June so why pay them for it? If they were doing a proper job and living by the same rules as the rest of us it could be considered holiday pay, but their lives are one long party anyway.

Isn't it a EUAFA or EU - or some standardised European thingy ...... ?