Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Gulf in Class

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
One thing about the Championship was maybe Doncaster and WBA (the previous season) how poor the overall standard was.
I am wondering if we can expect yet another drop in class next season to be dragged down to !

Comments

• Options
    to be honest when you drop out of the championship the leagues get a whole lot more physical and its the same in league 1 i think both champ and league 1 are very similar. Look at Bristol city, hull, swansea have all been promoted and done well in the champ, that's why if we build a good strong physical side with a decent striker we can not only get promoted but do well in the champ aswell
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]to be honest when you drop out of the championship the leagues get a whole lot more physical and its the same in league 1 i think both champ and league 1 are very similar. Look at Bristol city, hull, swansea have all been promoted and done well in the champ, that's why if we build a good strong physical side with a decent striker we can not only get promoted but do well in the champ aswell[/quote]

Totally agree.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]to be honest when you drop out of the championship the leagues get a whole lot more physical and its the same in league 1 i think both champ and league 1 are very similar. Look at Bristol city, hull, swansea have all been promoted and done well in the champ, that's why if we build a good strong physical side with a decent striker we can not only get promoted but do well in the champ aswell[/quote]

Apart from the Sunday Morning 'Highlights' I am not sure what to expect but phsical strength is needed . WE certainly have to play a holding midfielder and probaly need height up from and at the back.
    The real difference from Midtable to Champions would be a goal scorer and pace allied to some extra creative class.