Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League One (South)

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
Carlisle chairman bemoaning the potential Southern bias of League One next season....

Does he have a point?

Comments

• Options
    This could be good news for us, I did read an interesting piece a while ago that said some work had been done to show that the further a team travels the less likely they are to get a result
  • Options
    Easy, let them join the Scottish leagues then! Nuff said 8-)
  • Options
    On other side if coin they should have great
    Home record
    Can't help it if southern teams are poo
  • Options
    As the conference is a national league with a northern and southern league below it, I can't see this happening. Interesting idea though.
  • Options
    nice quote from a Carlisle fan

"This regional split debate just shows how out of touch J Nixon is from real football fans. does he really think we would rather watch Rochdale and bury than Southampton and Charlton?"

Hey, someone thinks we are still a bigger draw than Bury or Rochdale : - )
  • Options
    Phew....thank god for that.....lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Easy, let them join the Scottish leagues then! Nuff said 8-)

No, we want to get promoted there.
  • Options
    Good old Frankie Skelton!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]nice quote from a Carlisle fan

"This regional split debate just shows how out of touch J Nixon is from real football fans. does he really think we would rather watch Rochdale and bury than Southampton and Charlton?"

Or someone who would prefer to see guaranteed wins?
  • Options
    I think it would only make sense in a wider restructure

Premier League reduced and becomes 1,
    Championship reduced and becomes Premier League 2,
    remaining Championship teams plus much of League 1 becomes Championship,
    remaining League 1 plus League 2 plus some Conference sides because League 1 North & South

Not saying that's the way to go but something like this is probably worth considering if it can be used to spread the PL riches a bit further.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Regionalising is an antiquated idea and serves no purpose with the Non leagues premier tournament being a national one.
    Someone should tell him it's 2009 not 1939!
  • Options
    Have coaches been introduced in Carlisle yet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Have coaches been introduced in Carlisle yet?
    Yes, wasn't Mervyn Day their coach for a while? LOL.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Most other countries have regional leagues at a much higher level than we do, but then again clubs over here generally have much bigger support than say Spanish or French tier 3 or 4 clubs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Most other countries have regional leagues at a much higher level than we do, but then again clubs over here generally have much bigger support than say Spanish or French tier 3 or 4 clubs.
    And they are much bigger countries of course in terms of travelling.
  • Options
    all away fans live in london so it should be to the northern clubs advantage now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]all away fans live in london so it should be to the northern clubs advantage now.

You sound like OhahMortimer. He's always using that excuse to defend our poor away support.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]nice quote from a Carlisle fan

“Most of the lads were talking about playing at Charlton and Leeds, but not me. Playing at Carlisle is what I’m looking at. It is a big incentive for me. I’m a Cumbrian lad, I’ve always had a good rapport with the fans and it would be great to come back to play against Carlisle at Brunton Park next season.

Shrewsbury's Paul Murray on tomorrow's League 2 Play-Off final and the consequences of promotion to our division....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Carlisle chairman bemoaning the potential Southern bias of League One next season....

[url=http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle_united/latest/carlisle_utd_s_north_south_divide_idea_gets_backing_from_oldham_chief_1_557584?referrerPath=opinion/]Does he have a point?[/url][/quote]

Some logic but the Old Div 3 North and South idea was changed to get National Leagues.
    It seems a retrograde step.

I am just hoping we have Carlisle away as a Final away game !!