Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Inept"

According to Alan Hansen on MOTD tonight: "Charlton's performance today was the most inept I have ever seen in the Premiership by any team, ever!" Thanks Alan, that puts my thoughts nicely into words. And let's not forget our recent shocking performances against Reading, Sheffield United & Spurs. Now must be a good time to ask once again why on earth the decision was taken to replace Iain Dowie with Les Reed? At least we had a bit of heart about us under Dowie.

Poor old Les unfortunately comes across in TV interviews as a silly old bloke who hasn't got a clue. Makes you wonder how on earth he come across to the players?

Wycombe Wanderers must be licking their lips in anticipation of the game on Tuesday night. We are properly set up now for another glorious chapter in the history of Charlton and the league cup!!

It's too late now to avoid relegation but FFS can somebody there take responsibility and sort out the appalling state that our club has descended into over the last five months??

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Andrew Mills, change his job title to transfer negotiator and bring us in a PROPER FOOTBALL MANAGER my current bete noire. Somebody to take responsibility = Richard Murray...love him to bits significant investor RM as you know we are plucky little old charlton, stop pratting about and get a real new leader in, alternatively keep Mr Mills just give us a manger to support our coaching team

PS good to meet u 2day RP
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]FOOK off Andrew Mills and bring us in a PROPER FOOTBALL MANAGER my current bete noire que sera sera. Somebody to take responsibility = Richard Murray...love him to bits significant investor RM as you know we are plucky little old charlton, stop pratting about and get a real new leader in

PS good to meet u 2day RP

Well said that man!!
    Could not have put it better myself...
  • Options
    "Charlton's performance today was the most inept I have ever seen in the Premiership by any team, ever!"

Frankly, I thought that Mr Hansen was a bit harsh in making this comment. I have seen us play much worse than we did yesterday.

It is interesting how the highlights can give the wrong impression of the game. The highlights made us look better than we were. AH's set of clips at the end really did sum up how thoroughly poor our basic skills and abilities actually were. The poor balls skills, misplaced passes etc don't really qualify as highlights and don't get shown.
  • Options
    we got absolutely stuffed by a team who after 20 minutes decided to only play at 50%.

we need so much rebuilding work done, i honestly would not know where to start now !