Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question for Henry - scouting / academy

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Are there any concerns within the club that Jeff Vulture and the European scouting network, or any of the key academy staff or domestic scouting teams, may be tempted over the water to West Ham ?

Comments

• Options
    I wouldnt be concerned if they went. Have they contributed much?

I appreciate its a very short-sighted view but i can only go on what i see.
  • Options
    Not that I've heard but I'm hardly like to at this stage. I would expect that West Ham already have a scouting network made up of any of their ex-palyers who aren't working for the media (hard to imagine but there must be some)

While Jeff is a key part of the network it is more than him alone and also involves the various clubs with which we have partnerships.
  • Options
    "Jeff Vulture"? Surely that's a made up name!
  • Options
    i think its Vetere
  • Options
    Vultare, or something like that.

West Ham naturally will have something in place, but people always want to work with people they know and trust. West Ham now have three blokes who will know everyone who works at our club, particularly who all the real gems are, if there are any.

tempting someone to move jobs just three miles is extremely feasible.
  • Options
    just three miles into the East End though...
  • Options
    looks like i may of been right...
  • Options
    Not sure if he left to go to West Ham though. Just got in and am catching up.
  • Options
    quite a bit to catch up with today !
  • Options
    Another question Henry :

If our general manager was doing his job properly, shouldn't Pardew have known before this week that Liverpool didn't want Carson cup tied?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, as I don't think that is the general manager's job. And when Liverpool decide that is when Liverpool decide. Mills can hardly pre-guess them. They let him play in the League cup but not the FA Cup. Their call.