Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC - 25 REDUNDANCIES

2»

Comments

• Options
    IF anyone on the playing staff read this, could you let the rest of the "team/squad/loanees/etc" know.
    I know footballers (in general) aren't too clever, but someone should let them know how their "efforts" effect others.
  • Options
    No surprises here, as i heard that certain members of staff were given letters in January to warm them that this may occur.

Never nice for anyone. Good luck to anyone who loses their job in finding new employment.
  • Options
    A sad reflection on our club. I wonder how many jobs clownish business decisions like Christianssen cost. I hope a few of the suits have the balls to look the people in the eye and give them the news. I expect it'll be a letter and a good bit of whining about how terrible things were and all the blame on Pardew/Dowie as is the case with any of our hilarious misadventures at the moment.
  • Options
    Very sad news to all those whose jobs are at risk, but i suppose in current situation and economic climate it is inevitable
  • Options
    Sad news indeed and my thoughts are with the staff and their families.

I wonder what are the possibilities of a testemonial for all of the staff that have had their jobs cut at the club in the last few seasons because of our failures?
  • Options
    they are non existent KB. people have enough problems trying to hold on to their own jobs and livelihoods to worry about others. Am afraid its a jungle out there at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]they are non existent KB. people have enough problems trying to hold on to their own jobs and livelihoods to worry about others. Am afraid its a jungle out there at the moment.

Yeah maybe your right, hope not tho. Decent enough oposition plus a vets match thrown in, might raise a few quid.
  • Options
    My Dad is one of the 31 people given the letters yesterday !!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear any of this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I hope a few of the suits have the balls to look the people in the eye and give them the news.

Or to look at themselves in the mirror.

Football is a game, but livelihoods are at stake. Especially at the majority of clubs where losses on bad transfers, etc. can't simply be written off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In reality this is one of the downsides to the ludicrously premiercentric situation English football finds itself in. Clubs have to expand to take advantage of the money and opportunity the premier league provides but because the finacial implications of relegation are so skewed they cannot hope to continue to trade without such cuts. Terrible for all involved including the club.
  • Options
    Gutted for them.

Out of interest if anyone has the accounts to hand, how much did our rip roaring successful CEO earn last season?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Killers Beard[/cite]Sad news indeed and my thoughts are with the staff and their families.

I wonder what are the possibilities of a testemonial for all of the staff that have had their jobs cut at the club in the last few seasons because of our failures?
    Nice idea. zero chance I'm afraid. They don't count.
  • Options
    Gutted for everyone concerned. A mate of mine lost his job on the groundstaff at West Ham when they did much the same as this a few years back. A job he loved and did for pretty much minimum wage so all in all clubs are deciding to get rid of decent people doing their best to earn a living to save themselves the monthly (weekly!) wage of some no-mark like Carlton Cole, or in our case take your pick of our non-perfoming underachievers.
  • Options
    Futuremarked
  • Options
    This is just shit.

When it is the shit performances from shit players (with a few notable exceptions) and the folly of a shit for brains berk of an ex-manager that thought he knew shit that has brought about this shitty situation. I wonder if they give a shit?

Apologies for angry post, but Les Addicks says it all. Decent people will pay the price for the gutless idiots that have infested our club of late.