Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FOREST TICKETS

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
allocated 1,500 and selling criteria to be announced soon so get your stubs ready. Seriously, will 1,500 be enough ? Are we not entitled to 25% as it's an FA Cup tie ? Why do we accomodate teams like Wycombe and then seemingly accept a reduced number ourselves. Thoughts ?

Comments

• Options
    That's just silly, teams get more in League 1
  • Options
    why only 1,500 ?

they should be an initial 2,000, with a proviso for double that, and go straight on general sale.
  • Options
    do you really think we will sell 1,500?
  • Options
    we sold 1,800 odd at Sheffield Wednesday last season, so yeah I do, the FA cup is a always a draw for people
  • Options
    Think its only 15% for FA cup games + 10% for league matches

They'll prob allow us a few more if we sell out fast, altho im not convinced we'd even fill it!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]do you really think we will sell 1,500?

not really the point. As soon as you put some form of restrictions in, people start thinking otherwise, because they mainly want to go with others that may not be VG, or season ticket holders. They end up talking themselves out of it.
  • Options
    let's be honest no one is convinced we'd sell it cos our away support isn't the greatest, so 1500 should be adequate but i'm sure if we need more forest would make them available. i think they only had 6.5k there last night
  • Options
    no doubt it will be valley gold up until the week before the game then personal callers who are season ticket holders with a z in their name until the thursday...

what it should be given the current league form is that charlton ask for the full 25%, the club puts on free travel and the tickets are open to everybody from day one...this game has got home win written all over it at the moment and charlton dont need that sort of nail in the coffin just yet...the club should pull out all the stops to get as many as possible up there for this...
  • Options
    like we tried to do for boro, and came back looking sorry for ourselves? despite the support, we lost and it was a terrible feeling.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]do you really think we will sell 1,500?

not really the point. As soon as you put some form of restrictions in, people start thinking otherwise, because they mainly want to go with others that may not be VG, or season ticket holders. They end up talking themselves out of it.

exactly. Some fans will think I'm not gonna get one and don't bother. If we had 2,000+ then we could put them on general sale and not worry about all the priority issues. Plus at a tenner kids and a fiver under 10's I reckon it'll be well supported. More likely fans will go to this, a Saturday game, than the Emirates a few days before in the evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ltgtr why should the club pay for everyone's away travel they're not a charity and there are 21 much more important premiership games to be played
  • Options
    I dont go to any away games anymore but I'll try and get a ticket, its the FA Cup!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]ltgtr why should the club pay for everyone's away travel they're not a charity and there are 21 much more important premiership games to be played

because charlton losing to a third division team (or whatever they call it these days) will trigger loads of gloating in the papers and sad-hack articles about how the club has hit rock bottom blah blah blah and that sort of negative media coverage will feedback to players and fans alike and hit the league form even more...like it or not, this is a massive game that we cant afford to lose...hence, the club needs to be pro-active and get as many fans up there by whatever means possible...
  • Options
    if they want to claw some of the cost back they could always repeat the yellow day theme from before and try and get rid of some old stock in the shop...there must be something there that's been over-ordered that they could use as a theme...
  • Options
    Im not sure if you're being sarcastic again Large but if not this is an initial allocation that can be increased to around 6,000 if required.

We wont sell 1500 though FACT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Im not sure if you're being sarcastic again Large but if not this is an initial allocation that can be increased to around 6,000 if required.

We wont sell 1500 though FACT.

doesn't say initial allocation on the official site, just says we've been allocated 1,500 tickets and criteria etc will be announced shortly. If we can have up to 6k, as you suggest, then why would any purchase criteria be required ?

In this instance I am not sure if 1,500 will be quite enough.
  • Options
    It's an intial 1500. Confirmed by club secretary.

If a replay is required this will be played at The Valley on Tuesday 16th January 2007, 8pm ko.
    Tickets prices for a reply have been agreed as follows:
    Adults £20
    Seniors/under 21’s £15
    Under 18’s £10
  • Options
    Large is going to be really really really pissed. He's going to be giving it large on an all night bender on the Friday night for his little brother's stag-night. Even GolfAddict is going to be in high spirits. Who knows what might happen? JimmyMelrose is going to run on and score after 9 seconds. waheeeeeyy