Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest Away

WSSWSS
edited December 2006 in General Charlton
I've been twice before up there, not sure if i'll do it this time.

The first time was when we got spanked, Scot Gemmill, Ian Woan and PVH ripped us apart.

The second time was that yellow day when we could have got promoted - and didnt.

Comments

• Options
    i've also been twice, the first time Collymore absolutely destroyed us, thou i remember being impressed by the fact they did burgers in plastic boxes with the Forest crest on.

Nice little pub by the cricket ground as well.
  • Options
    First time I went was New Years Day in about 93 and we took 1500 there when we were only getting 7000 every week.

Collymore was awesome but I think we drew 1-1, Kim Grant??

Was also there for the spanking and wore my yellow shirt for the one and only time in 99.

Cant be arsed this time, its got 'shock' written all over it.
  • Options
    'Cant be arsed this time, its got 'shock' written all over it.'

Southend, You think we will win then?
  • Options
    LOL. Very good.
  • Options
    how many stubs will we need. And if they are not sending them back until after the Arsenal game we won't have any.
  • Options
    Forest will give us 6000 tickets, I think you'll get one Large
  • Options
    Forest away is always good,i really like having a beer there,mind you looks like will be going in the league next season
  • Options
    i think its got good day out potential.

Banana skin games are always good, win or lose on the booze.
  • Options
    Hopefully, we'll be playing a Carling cup semi-final 1st leg three or four days later so saving my pennies for that.
    Done it at least three times before.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Forest will give us 6000 tickets, I think you'll get one Large

my attempt at sarcasm obviously didn't work !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Forest will give us 6000 tickets, I think you'll get one Large
    .... but he needs two!

Afka - I think I've been to that pub too - named after two cricketers - Larwood and someone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]First time I went was New Years Day in about 93 and we took 1500 there when we were only getting 7000 every week.

Collymore was awesome but I think we drew 1-1, Kim Grant??

wasn't it alan mcleary?
  • Options
    Went to the 2-2 draw the day the first Voice of The Valley appeared on the train up. Andy Jones scored a late leveller. Also went to the 4-0 drubbing we got last day of season but we had already secured our Div one status under lennie the previous game.
  • Options
    can't go unfortunately. unless its on the sunday........... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]
    .... but he needs two!

Afka - I think I've been to that pub too - named after two cricketers - Larwood and someone.

Voce. His Nottinghamshire fast bowling colleague and partner on the infamous bodyline tour to Australia of 1932/3.

No I don't remember it before somebody asks:-)
  • Options
    Just booked my train tickets for Friday to Sunday, and it's the princely sum of 18 sterling return at the moment
  • Options
    Its only the weekend potential that is tempting me.

Is going away for a weekend 5 weeks before baby due taking the piss??

Might need a female opinion on this one.
  • Options
    £20 a ticket
  • Options
    I'm going midday on the Friday, then back mid afternoon Sunday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Its only the weekend potential that is tempting me.

Is going away for a weekend 5 weeks before baby due taking the piss??

Might need a female opinion on this one.

yes it is.
    we can't go. so i don't think anyone else should enjoy themselves either.

seriously, i think if you went for the day then you'd be allowed, but a weekend is taking the big p when ur mrs is about to drop!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Suz,

Thats decided then, im not gonna drive and watch us sober so they can lose without me.