Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great Charlton thrashings...

Over the years we havent had too many proper canings, for my cousin who is 12 that is the first time he has ever seen us let in 5.

We've had loads of fours but not too many fives.

Obviously the Leeds 1-6 wasnt that long ago but I cant remember being present at too many thrashings over the years.

1-5 away at Bolton early 90's was one I do remember.

Anyone on here go to Luton when we let in seven (7), as it comes up on BBC scores :) ???

Comments

• Options
    West ham away 5-0 a few years back was awful.
    Forest away when van hooijdonk and campbell murdered us. 5-1 i think it was.
  • Options
    Forgot about West Ham, Forest was only four.
  • Options
    That home game against Man City a year or two back springs to mind. 2-5 wasn't it? Also, in my book losing 4-0 is definitely a thrashing, particularly at home. When you actually think about it we've taken plenty of beatings over the recent years, more than our share. Maybe it's got something to do with having no backbone, individually or as a team.
  • Options
    Cant agree with that Off-it, there is something about letting in 5 that makes everything a whole load worse.

Especially when I sit next to a Spurs fan :(
  • Options
    I went to Brighton when we let in 7. Great day out though ..............
  • Options
    I was there for that Luton thrashing. As I remember it, we got a late consolation to make it 7-1 and celebrated the goal as though we had just won the World Cup!!
  • Options
    I went to Luton and the Brighton game,Brighton was great i fell asleep on the terrace
  • Options
    I am pretty sure that I was at Luton for that too - went with my dad. I have memories of a snow storm and Killer whacking the ball on to the top of the Stand behind the goal when we were 7-0 down which caused loads of snow to fall down. I think the away end was the home standing end at the time. Luton took the piss out of Killer and then we actually scored a goal (but can't remember who scored it).

And didn't they thrash us at Luton about 2 seasons on the spin?
  • Options
    We let in 5 at Luton in the late 80's when there was no away fans.
  • Options
    Went to both the brighton and Luton games.

I think Ronnie Moore made his debut for the Brighton game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2006
    I think we let in seven up at Burnley in the Simonsen era. Was also at the Brighton and Luton games
  • Options
    We lost back to back games 5-2 in 1994..

..Home to Middlesbrough on the last day of 93/94 and away at Oldham in the opening game of 94/95.. :)

I just had a quick check, and since 90/91 Charlton have scored 5+ on 7 occasions, and have been on the recieving end 9 times (including cup games).

4 seems to be a far more common occurence. Charlton let in 4 goals 7 times in one season a few years back. :(
  • Options
    Yes I was at the Luton game, however one I wasn't at but remember was Aston Villa 11 Charlton 1. It was in the old 2nd division before the days of substitutes. If I remember correctly the goal keeper Willie Duff and another player were taken off injured leaving a team of nine - now that really was a thrashing.