Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Raul - One of the Greatest?

WSSWSS
edited February 2009 in Other Football and Sports
Rarely gets mentioned I think as one of the true greats of the modern era but his record is simply phenomenal. He overtook Di Stefano by scoring his 308th and 309th goal last night.

What a goalscorer.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1202762229913/noticia/Noticia/Raul_surpasses_Di_Stefano.htm

Comments

• Options
    Can't we get him on loan ..... ?

;o)
  • Options
    Absolute LEGEND
  • Options
    Del Piero at Juve must be close to that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Del Piero at Juve must be close to that?
    Nope - 182 goals for Juve according to Wiki...
  • Options
    blimey, raul is a legend just a shame he never produced it for spain. not sure if you will ever get another one club player scoring 300 plus, maybe rooney?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]blimey, raul is a legend just a shame he never produced it for spain. not sure if you will ever get another one club player scoring 300 plus, maybe rooney?

Chris Dickson or maybe Izale Mcleod?
  • Options
    Derek Hales 168.. could be done by dicko if he keeps his place for 6 seasons... ;-)
  • Options
    Shit - overrated dirty Real ponce
  • Options
    haha, I was waiting for Leroy's thoughts!
  • Options
    Great, great player. Wasn't a popular decision when he was left out of the Spain squad for Euro 2008, However as the Spain Manager pointed out he had played in about six or seven tournaments previously and they hadn't won anything. Raul must of been gutted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]blimey, raul is a legend just a shame he never produced it for spain. not sure if you will ever get another one club player scoring 300 plus, maybe rooney?

Rooney was signed from Everton. Del Piero too (not from Everton obviously, but someplace - Padova or Treviso I think)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Can't we get him on loan ..... ?

;o)

Didn't we have the chance but Dowie and Andrew Mills decided to buy Traore and Amdy Faye instead?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Afternoon Delight[/cite]Wasn't a popular decision when he was left out of the Spain squad for Euro 2008
    Really? Pretty popular amongst most Spaniards I know (about 200 of them)

Raul has always been overrated. He is a good player, but nothing like a 'great' player. He had the fortune to play in a Real team that, for six or seven years, surrounded him with the greatest amount of talent ever assembled on a football pitch - an rotated these players as they fell out of their prime. The reason he's scored all the goals he has is because he was the one player that was a constant in all that time - if any decent striker played at Real for ten years surrounded by all that talent he'd have scored that amount of goals as well.

There are plenty of stories about Raul and what a wanker he really is underneath all the 'good guy' image. Anyone who follows golf will be well aware of the same sort of feeling towards Phil Mickelson - his fans love him, the press rave about him, but fellow golfers and anyone who knows him personally tell a different story. The real reason Raul wasn't taken to Euro 2008 is that there are at least five integral squad members who refuse to even acknowledge his presence.

A 'great' player has to be a decent human being as well - Raul fails at this - epic fails.
  • Options
    He's not as good as Torres and Villa, so no great for me
  • Options
    Mickelson - FIGJAM.
  • Options
    He's no Ryan Giggs is he MCS?