Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watched it, didnt think we played that bad

WSSWSS
edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Seriously.

I've been watching it on the net and i didnt think we played that bad.

Spurs scored all of their chances and were we really that overrun?

I don't think so.

yes its gutting but the lads now how have to totally forget about the game as a freak result and look forward to the next game.

Comments

• Options
    5-1 mate says it all
  • Options
    I know Arf, all started when Kish came off for Romm....

We definately were not as bad as the scoreline suggests though
  • Options
    Kish was injured I assume?
  • Options
    i know what you are hinting at WSS, first 30 minutes we looked comfortable but as soon as we went behind that was it

heads dropped, no leadership on the pitch whatsoever & defensive shambles

i thought Reed's substitutions, if tactical, were stupid

Kishishev off ahead of the useless Faye - and then Rommedahl on, why not JFH?

Reid off - the only player likely to create a chance - why not Hughes who was anonymous second half

baffling
  • Options
    Totally agree regarding the substitutions Oakster.

One deflected goal
    A goal where the ball unluckily bounced off TEK

Malbranque and Berbatov's goal was Diawara just being plain lazy.
  • Options
    Hughes and Kish made our midfield play very negatively, and look like an absoloute joke. They provided no width and no forward motion. Problems all started there.
  • Options
    Just got back from the game.

Thought we actually did pretty well for half an hour, but Spurs took their chances and buried us. It wasn't really a 5-1 game, but we were pretty toothless and had very little creativity. Not sure why Reid was taken off, but if he wasn't injured then it was very baffling as he is really the only one who carries much threat.

After a good start, Faye is beginning to look like the weakest link in midfield, and Bent didn't really get a sniff until very near the end.

All in all, a very depressing afternoon.
  • Options
    Ditto AllLefFoot.

First 20 mins we looked a good side and passed it quite nicely but once Spurs scored too many heads dropped.

Reid subbed the wrong man at the wrong time. Even though Romm did quite well when he came on it was too early to go gung ho and Kish was having a good game.

Stating the obvious I know but we are so so weak in the key areas, centre of defence and centre of midfield.

Borat and Faye must be dropped for next week but that would mean bringing in someone like Holland who isnt much better than Faye.

At least Murphy didnt score, that would have been the icing on the cake, did have a little snigger at the "Your shit and your wifes a slag" chant.

I stayed till the end today, doubt there were 200 left at the final whistle.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    yeah we played great.
  • Options
    we need pardew very quickly.....oh,maybe not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played ok you must be joking get real!Are you sure you was watching the the same game that those of us went to!wake up
  • Options
    If losing 5 - 1 is not playing bad, then how many more would we need to concede to have "played bad"?
    Should also take into consideration we had two players that were surplus to Tottenham's requirements(Young/Reid), whereas they had a forward and midfielder that we would have loved to have kept hold of (Defoe/Murphy).
    But still, 5 - 1! what a shower of shit.
  • Options
    Spurs put out a pretty good side if you ask me, on paper anyway, plus we are lacking in the centre of the park as a squad, tinkering aint gonna change it.
  • Options
    I watched it on football first. It was wierd, it almost came as a suprise when they had a shot on goal that they didn't score from!
  • Options
    saw it live in the pub. unfortunately i missed these great first 20 mins, the remaining 70 i saw were a shambles, we'd struggle in the championship playing like that. the only postive i can take from the day is i turned down a free ticket in the spurs end.