Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum Update

13»

Comments

• Options
    Is Dillon Phillips’ distribution going to prevent him from ever nailing down the number 1 spot at Charlton?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Pico said:

If you have questions which you would like CAST to raise at the FF meeting tomorrow please e mail to secretary@castrust.org

Was all this necessary?
    Roland if you had invested a couple of million in the squad last season there was a good chance we'd be in the championship.
    Roland why not invest a couple of million now if your still going to be here , there's a very good chance we can make the championship this season as well.
    If you had invested a couple of million when you first took over we could have been in the prem by now. You deluded, incompetent piece of shit.
    Deluded, incompetent and a piece of shit I may be , but I've never had £2million
    F***** him there mate.

Best ever.
  • Options

I can’t wait to hear of the British bid (that hasn’t been mentioned since the last FF) still being in the picture

I've always assumed the British bid, is Murray saying if no one will buy the club, I'll take it off your hands for £5M/£10M.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

Pico said:

If you have questions which you would like CAST to raise at the FF meeting tomorrow please e mail to secretary@castrust.org

Why do the coaches take so long to get to away games?
    There's got to be a punchline here;

'I don't know clb74, why do the coaches take so long to gert to away games?' :wink:
    Probably because I'm on them
    @cabbles misses you you know 😍
    I’m yet to see him....I’ve spoken to John from Larkfield and he’s very welcome. All he has to do is turn up at Anchor and Hope Lane at 5.14am on a Thursday morning for the Saturday away game
    You were spotted at Barnsley at half time.
    You seemed to be enjoying your day with family so decided not to spoil it.
  • Options
    Is Noel Edmonds involved or not?
  • Options

Not at £70m he’s not
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Why no sausage rolls?

They used them to build this city.
    Got caught out on this one by my son the other day. ‘So dad, have you heard how we built this city?’

Typical for me ‘No mate, what are you on about, started before Roman times, been built in ever since’

‘We built in on sausage rolls dad, have you not seen the meme.’

He didn’t say this bit I felt like an implied loser.
  • Options

Not at £70m he’s not
    £70 million where's that come from.
    If someone is stupid enough to pay that or even £50 mil I don't want them nowhere near the club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve probably used the word ‘meme’ wrong :neutral:
  • Options
    Where is Reg and his money men that were the first to try and approach RD?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

I think you’ll find that’s a good question.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Solidgone said:

Hmmm.

That's an interesting response, JS.

Is he currently saddling up that white horse .....?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Not at £70m he’s not
    £70 million where's that come from.
    If someone is stupid enough to pay that or even £50 mil I don't want them nowhere near the club
    £70m came from @AirmanBrown earlier this evening. It was a figure quoted by LDT a few weeks ago when an interested party asked for price & details (apparently).
  • Options
    Any updates from tonight?
  • Options
    Nvm I'll check the Takeover Thread
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Any updates from tonight?

You mean you haven't heard the news yet ?????

:smile:
  • Options
    Same as last time, denied 70m.
  • Options
    For those who want to read the clubs version of last nights meeting.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c36289e5bb79/takeover-update-from-this-evenings-fans-forum
    Tonight's meeting was attended by members of the Fans' Forum, club staff and Lieven De Turck (LDT), who is representing the club in takeover talks. The below notes were produced by the club and approved by fan representatives at the meeting. The below references an update from LDT. Following the update there was a Q&A session, notes from the Q&A will be published this week.

LDT updated on the five parties mentioned at the previous meeting.

First party (Groups linked to the Australian consortium)

LDT confirmed that he was on the conference call mentioned by Talksport presenter Jim White earlier in the week. He said the call, which took place on Monday, included people from Australia and the United States and was to get clarification on where the group are with the deal.

He said nothing was confirmed on the call about the takeover date. He said the main message from the call was that the complexity of their group has been reduced, which he is pleased about.

LDT was asked if he thought the group actually had the money. He said he believes they do have the money.

LDT confirmed that, as with previous meetings, the remaining documents required for a deal to be completed are still not lodged with the EFL. LDT was asked if financial documents had been lodged with the EFL for the group. He said the financial documents are still to be lodged with the EFL.

He was asked if the deal would be split with the Australians taking the footballing side and the Americans taking the lands assets. LDT said it is the same deal that was agreed last year, one group would have all the shares.

LDT was asked if a group were shown around the training ground at the end of December. He said they were, it was a person linked to the group, who is Australian.

LDT was asked if the Australians had exclusivity. He confirmed no party has exclusivity.

Second party (British)

LDT said the reporting of Jim White had made the second party aware that they might miss out on the deal and had “put them into sixth gear”.

He said they have taken their time and not been rushed by the Australians and now if they want the club they have to come up with the money.

Third party (Europeans)

LDT said that at the last Fans’ Forum the group were going to meet to discuss putting an offer on the table. He said since then no offer has been put on the table which means they are unlikely to be the new owners.

Fourth party (Europeans)

At the last meeting it was said they had to show proof of funds. LDT said they have still not shown proof of funds.

Fifth party

The group are close to agreeing price and conditions. He said their due diligence is not complete but runs in parallel.

Following the update there was a Q&A session, notes of this will be published this week.

The next Fans’ Forum is set for February 20th 2019.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to see a summary after the meeting.
    Just goes to show that when it suits the club they can be expeditious.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Solidgone said:

At last, after all these years on CL I’ve asked a good question.
    How about what is Reg‘s favourite colour?
  • Options
    interesting that he says one group will have all the shares.

They can do what they want to divvy up control and economics through their funding vehicles but to actually separate ground and club would still need the ex-directors paid off.
  • Options

interesting that he says one group will have all the shares.

They can do what they want to divvy up control and economics through their funding vehicles but to actually separate ground and club would still need the ex-directors paid off.

That was not my recollection of what he said.

I stand to be corrected but I heard it as they will all have shares not that one one group with the consortium would hold all the shares.

But Tom was working from the recording of the evening so I might be wrong.
  • Options
    not something to get too hung up on I reckon. Not sold yet eh?
  • Options
    You want to ask the 'main board' for a statement of intent.
    But what board? LDT only represents the club for takeover talks.
    RM? Conflicting interests, cannot be trusted. If you do find someone credible, here are some questions:

1- Before selling Standard, Douche stripped them from their players and financial assets in order to find
    a buyer with limited funds. Does he intend to do the same with us?
    2- As a successful businessman, does he honestly believe he can run a business of our size without naming
    an experienced CEO?
    3- Does he still believe that together with some disgruntled ex-club employees, only 2% of the fans
    disapprove of his running of the club?
  • Options

When it's announced by the club online, or WIABTCA for short.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

When it's announced by the club online, or WIABTCA for short.
    Splitter
  • Options
    Additional information on Wednesday's fans forum.

Wednesday's meeting was attended by members of the Fans' Forum, club staff and Lieven De Turck (LDT), who is representing the club in takeover talks. LDT provided an update at the meeting and notes from this can be found here. Following the update, there was a Q&A session, notes from this session are below. The notes were produced by the club and approved by fan representatives who attended the meeting.

Notes

LDT confirmed for all the parties that have signed NDAs, the price is within a certain range. He said the range is because of negotiation, how they intend to pay, instalments, promotion bonds and the currency and other potential factors.

He was asked if suitability of the owners was important. LDT said prospective owners have to show good will that there is a future for Charlton Athletic.

LDT was asked if he had turned down a higher offer than the one agreed with the Australians, he said he hadn’t.

LDT was asked if he had met a group just before Christmas and if he had quoted a price over £70m. LDT said he had seen the rumours and he does not respond to rumours. LDT said he met with several parties but that no new NDA was signed before Christmas. He said that sensitive information (such as price) is communicated after an NDA is signed. LDT asked for the name of the party mentioned so he can reply.

LDT said Roland Duchatelet (RD) is willing to sell. He said the football is good. He said the club is in better financial condition than one year ago. He said January is a good time for a new buyer as they have a squad and a transfer window to operate.

LDT said as long as the deal is not completed, the club is run in the best possible means. Lee Bowyer (LB), Steve Gallen (SG) and Roland Duchatelet (RD) know what they need for the squad. At the moment they want a left back (since the meeting the club have completed the signing of left back Ben Purrington). He said LB and SG know what budget they have.

He was asked how much longer RD is prepared to fund the losses? LDT said RD is funding the club and he will do that as long as it is needed. LDT said one of his tasks is to let RD know when money is needed to ensure salaries, suppliers etc. are paid.

LDT was asked as the Australians had agreed a price but not delivered, if that is preventing other buyers getting involved at a cheaper price. LDT said that he has told the Australians that if/when they do takeover, they will have to explain why it took so long to takeover.

LDT was asked if 22 months after the first leak of Australian involvement, if there were serious doubts about their credibility as they have not completed a deal. LDT said he has only been at the club since last January and he does not have doubts about the group’s credibility.

LDT was asked about the range of prices. He was asked if someone comes in tomorrow, ready to deliver immediately at a lower price what would happen. LDT said he would go to RD.

LDT was asked why the Australians hadn’t progressed the deal if they thought the second party was close. LDT said he had said to them before “the second party is behind, hurry up”. LDT said “Maybe I’m not convincing enough”. Some of the Fans’ Forum questioned whether the second party existed.

One of the group mentioned that the fans had heard at takeover was imminent so much and are frustrated. LDT said as long as the takeover is not completed, he’s not happy.

LDT said the intensity is higher, going into January, with the parties involved, because they want to have an influence on squad building.

LDT was asked if Lee Bowyer is kept updated on the takeover. He said when something important happens LB will know.

LDT was asked if Richard Murray (RM) was part of the British group. LDT said RM knows them but he’s not involved.

LDT was asked if there were any issues with ex-director loans in the deals. He said there are no issues holding up the sale with the ex-director loans. He said RD bought the club with the loans in place, so it is perfectly possible to buy the club with that in place and the club can be sold with those in place.

LDT was asked about players out of contract. He said SG is looking after that. He said SG to attend for next FF.

The next Fans' Forum is set for February 20th.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c387e7649e72/notes-from-wednesdays-fans-forum-qa

• Options
    kigelia said:
    I would like an answer to the following:

1. There appears to be a great deal of emphasis on looking for further financial investment in the club. To those from afar it would appear that this has led to the board taking the eye off the ball with regards to working towards success on the playing side. Do the board accept this view and what steps have been taken to ensure this does not continue?
    Plus ca change