Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum Update

Comments

• Options
    Cool, I'll hand you the cash tomorrow, impossible to do a online bank transfer on a BlackBerry
  • Options
    you could have got away with that, i hadn't checked.
  • Options
    Too honest me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Great summary, Tel. Thanks.

Just to confirm the key point - we believe that fans desperately need a 'Statement of Intent' from the Club regarding the short, medium and long-term strategy. Do we plan to gamble to beat relegation, are we planning for a League 1 future next season, are the Club considering administration and is there an active programme to attract potential financial suitors etc etc?

In order to draw this 'Statement of Intent' from the Club, we believe that the Fans' Forum needs to prepare a formal communication on your behalf to the Club covering these (and other) specific points, and we intend to produce a draft over the weekend and then finalise, deliver and widely publicise early next week. This should allow an opportunity for response at Wednesday's AGM and at other opportunities in the near future.

This is a good step forward and clarification on theses points could well help stop the split that is appearing in the clubs supporters. Providing the club agree and are clear in their response rather than a lot of political waffle because it is in the public domain.
  • Options
    Great stuff guys and clearly some though has gone into the thrust of questions/statements.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update Tel.

I'd be interested in seeing the draft report.
  • Options
    Henry's suggested statement seems to cover it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][i]While we will continue to seek further external investment we remain committed to running the club on a balanced budget with no further debt while aiming to build a successful football team capable of challenging for promotion back to the premier league.[/i]
    [/quote]

Well firstly as a Fans Forum sceptic, I'm impressed by what you guys are trying to do with this Statement of Intent, and I will try to make a useful contribution. The following remark may not be that useful in itself, but I'll work on it. The thing is, if you present Henry's idea of the SoI, the directors will say, yes, exactly, that of course is our intent. And? So? What we are all looking for is a lot more detail on how they are going to carry out their intentions. So if you agree with that, we need to ask them to come back to us with that detail.

That's all I can manage for now...
  • Options
    Thought that I’d bump this given the importance of tomorrow night.

A few weeks ago the Trust asked for questions to ask LdT. A list of what’s going to be asked might inspire some new questions.

Perhaps posting a question you want answered here might be picked up by our representatives tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you have questions which you would like CAST to raise at the FF meeting tomorrow please e mail to secretary@castrust.org
  • Options
    2 Questions for the price of 1

Roland has presumably lost @£7M/£10M in the past 12 months.
    How much more money is Roland prepared to lose in order to achieve his buying price ?
    Does he understand that the longer he owns the club, the more he loses and the more foolish he looks ?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    clb74 said:

Pico said:

If you have questions which you would like CAST to raise at the FF meeting tomorrow please e mail to secretary@castrust.org

Why do the coaches take so long to get to away games?
    There's got to be a punchline here;

'I don't know clb74, why do the coaches take so long to get to away games?' :wink:
  • Options
    Pico said:

I'll put mine here. "What the hell is going on? If nothing is going on, could LdT please contact JW at TalkSport to tell him to stop giving out daily inaccurate updates?"
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

Pico said:

'I don't know clb74, why do the coaches take so long to gert to away games?' :wink:
    Probably because I'm on them
  • Options
    Why did we ever sign Chris Bart-Williams?
  • Options
    Pico said:

Was all this necessary?
    Roland if you had invested a couple of million in the squad last season there was a good chance we'd be in the championship.
    Roland why not invest a couple of million now if your still going to be here , there's a very good chance we can make the championship this season as well.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Pico said:

Was all this necessary?
    Roland if you had invested a couple of million in the squad last season there was a good chance we'd be in the championship.
    Roland why not invest a couple of million now if your still going to be here , there's a very good chance we can make the championship this season as well.
    I was going to swear in this post but didn't want to get the blame if he doesn't invest.
  • Options
    Why no sausage rolls?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pico said:

• Options
    clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

Pico said:

'I don't know clb74, why do the coaches take so long to gert to away games?' :wink:
    @cabbles misses you you know 😍
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

Pico said:

@cabbles misses you you know 😍
    I bet Pico doesn't!
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Pico said:

Was all this necessary?
    If you had invested a couple of million when you first took over we could have been in the prem by now. You deluded, incompetent piece of shit.
  • Options
    Q1: Are you considering to sell Taylor?
    Q2: What is your favourite colour?
  • Options

clb74 said:

Pico said:

Was all this necessary?
    If you had invested a couple of million when you first took over we could have been in the prem by now. You deluded, incompetent piece of shit.
    Deluded, incompetent and a piece of shit I may be , but I've never had £2million
  • Options
    Isn't there only one question?

When will the sale be finalised?
  • Options

I can’t wait to hear of the British bid (that hasn’t been mentioned since the last FF) still being in the picture

I’m just polishing my unicorn catcher now.. that sounded weird.