Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top Five Songs of...... The Wailers

2»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]Big Youth - Screaming Target
    I Roy - Presenting I Roy
    Dillinger - CB200
    Jah Lion - Columbian Colly
    Lee Perry - Super Ape
    King Tubby - Meets the Rockers Uptown
    Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey
    Burning Spear - Man In The Hills
    Dennis Brown - Wolf And Leopards
    Max Romeo - War In A Babylon

Enjoy.[/quote]

I will. Have the Burning Speak but will be "seeking" out the rest.

Ta and Jah No Dead
  • Options
    King Tubby, Augustus Pablo and especially Johnny Clarke rock my boat in a rud-a-dub stylee
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]King Tubby, Augustus Pablo and especially Johnny Clarke rock my boat in a rud-a-dub stylee

Ta, I have a lot of Pablo stuff (some with King Tubby I think) but will try Johnny Clarke
  • Options
    Oi, Henry & others ....!

How am I meant to get any work done this afternoon....?
    Instead of sending out quotes to customers, I find I'm on YouTube listening to Burning Spear, King Tubby and Jah Lion.

Not even had the chance to waste away the day on Charlton Life!

;o)
  • Options
    Oggy

Pleased we could take your mind off work and Charlton's plight.
  • Options
    Nice to know so many on here appreci-love good "Tune" ;-)

Iron, Lion, Zion hasn't been mentioned.

War is a classic that has to be up there.

Redemption Song.

Small Axe for me is genius. Lee Perry was the producer at the time and it is said by sources close to the scene at his Black Ark studios that the line "Big Tree" (Babylon Oppressors) was supposed to be synonomous with, or at least evoke, the lyric "Big Three" (Jamaican accent and all), referring to the Big Three producers/studios that dominated artists on the island at the time (Coxonne Dodd, Duke Reid, Joe Gibbs/Bunny Lee, if I recall), most of whom wanted to cast Perry as a looney tune (not far wrong!).

Bad Card ("You ah guh tired fe see me face.... then you draw bad card!... then you make wrong move!")

Forever Loving Jah

Slave Driver

Concrete Jungle
  • Options
    Duppy Conqueror

Soul Rebel

Natural Mystic
  • Options
    Two Sevens Clash, by Culture - 30 years old but still brillaint
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Two Sevens Clash, by Culture - 30 years old but still brillaint

Great album. Title track always reminds me of 1976 when you would hear that and Police and Thieves everywhere.

Don Letts did a great compilation called Dread Meets Punk Rockers Uptown of all the stuff he played at the Roxy etc
  • Options
    Don Letts played the same stuff after a Stooges gig at the Festival Hall. I stumbled across it and then proceeded to stumble about at it.

What a way to end the night.