Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Arter

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Just heard from a very good source that he has signed a new deal at the club.

definately worth another year to see how he progresses, maybe option for a further year. Better prospect than Josh Wright imo.
  • Options
    Bit late these replies but....
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Hey Dazzler, haven't you already played for Ipswich this season, along with Gumbo?

;o)

Yep we won 4-1 i think it was...
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]I dont think they were that desperate mate.

I heard even the tea lady was above you in the pecking order

How many CL games have you won Greg... Exactly none ;o)
  • Options
    Nice one, Dazzler ..... made me laugh out loud! ha ha
  • Options
    Took you over three months to come up with that response did it Dazzler? There's not a single charlton lifer that has won more games than me! Beat that stat!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Took you over three months to come up with that response did it Dazzler? There's not a single charlton lifer that has won more games than me! Beat that stat!

I'm confused?

I am a charlton lifer as is Gumbo and on our emergency loan spell at Ipswich we won!

Or doesn't that count as we were sheep shaggers for the day ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Just heard from a very good source that he has signed a new deal at the club.

Was expecting to hear news about the first few players signing contracts or leaving any time now, so not a surprise. Will probably take a week for it to be announced.

They were praising him not long ago for improving the things the told him to (any one have an idea what?) so he's probably done enough to get another chance.

Worth keeping around to see what he can do, I'm sure if it's true he'll play a part next season, just a case of who stays, who leaves and who signs in midfield when it comes to how many chances he gets.
  • Options
    Glad to hear he's staying. Hopefully he'll get his chance next season, if we lose ZZ, Bailey and Shelvey, as expected. We should be able to get a decent midfield pair for Div 3 out of Racon, Semedo, Spring, Wright and Arter
  • Options
    Might now see him playing against us next year...just joined Bournemouth

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8692865.stm
  • Options
    think the same will happen with Harry Pell who was released recently. Arter is definately good enough to be playing in the FL.
  • Options
    Good to see he's getting a chance, just didn't work out for him here. He happened to play in the same position we had several more proven players.

Was interesting how Yussuff ended up in the Football League while Arter non-league, as Arter was always seen as the better prospect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    but wasn't Arter still recovering from a bad injury, just needed someone to take a chance on him. Look forward to seeing how he plays next season.
  • Options
    Yeah his injuries here never helped him. Good to see he's over them and managed a full season.
  • Options
    Unless we are competing directly with Bournemouth next season, I hope they do well, they deserve a bit of luck and good to see that they can at last sign players. Apparantly there were time when they could only put three on the bench last season.
  • Options
    1st goalscorer odds ?
  • Options
    It's already a given that he will play really well and/or score against us and people on here will be moaning that we should never have let him go.
  • Options
    to be fair a few of us were moaning that we shouldn't have let him go when we did let him go so it'll hardly be with hindsight.
  • Options
    I thought he might have stayed but considering we kept the midfield together I can see why we didn't. I suppose we could have loaned him out, was surely a better prospect than Clark who is being released. Wages might have been better spent on Arter.
  • Options
    Scored for B'mouth against Derby last night......
    Odds on Him scoring on the 7th ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Scored for B'mouth against Derby last night......

Got to be worth a pound or two for first or last scorer...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Scored for B'mouth against Derby last night......

Got to be worth a pound or two for first or last scorer...
    Matt Spring week after when we play Leyton Orient as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Arter won man of the match (he came on as an early sub 20min) even before he scored. He won several free kicks in dangerous areas and the pen for the 1st goal and had several shots on target. Their OS described him as lively. "He was sharp and inventive on the ball, giving defenders al sorts of problems". Derby had a full strength side and are likely to be challenging for CCC promotion. This against a full It was always obvious to me that this kid would make it and I see him as a future Prem player. Well done Parky!
  • Options
    Let's wait and see how he goes shall we? He suffered a terrible injury while at Charlton and it has taken him 2-3 years to get back into league football. He spent all of last season at my local team Woking, who play in the same league as Welling & Bromley. He did ok there without showing anything outstanding, and he missed a few important games through injury again. He has great potential but injuries have taken their toll. I wish him well.
  • Options
    I imagine last year the club knew he was talented, but we had 5 central midfielders ahead of him. He was probably on a decent contract as he along with Wright turned pro just after we were relegated from the Prem. They were hopefully going to break through while he won promotion back there, but of course it never worked out like that.

Can understand why they didn't keep him, with plenty of competition for the first team, no reserve team, he'd have only ended up going out on loan all season. He had already been a pro for 2 years at that point, and had injury problems in that time.
  • Options
    Carlisle boss Greg Abbott has secured the signing of Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter on a one-month loan deal.

The 21-year-old joined the Cherries from Woking in the summer but has made only 15 appearances.

Arter will be in the squad to face Brighton on Saturday but will not be able to play when the Cumbrians face Bournemouth later this month
  • Options
    Despite many on here slagging him off when he played 45 minutes out of position in opening game I still rate him and thought he showed glimpses of quality he undoubtedly possesses.

Could have been the creative cm we miss. Hard to get back in a side flying high.
  • Options
    He was out of position against us and tried too hard. He'll make it, he's a good player. He's shown mental strength too to firstly overcome a bad injury and then after being rejected by us was prepared to drop into non league and work his way back into the football league. Good luck to the lad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]He was out of position against us and tried too hard. He'll make it, he's a good player. He's shown mental strength too to firstly overcome a bad injury and then after being rejected by us was prepared to drop into non league and work his way back into the football league. Good luck to the lad.

Having followed his career from under 16s i thought we had a special player on our hands. Can do everything expected of a good midfield player, can pass, tackle,score the odd goal and has a good engine. Unfortunately a bad injury came at the wrong time for him and the spat with Moo2 didnt help. Was very dissappointed to see him leave.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]He was out of position against us and tried too hard. He'll make it, he's a good player. He's shown mental strength too to firstly overcome a bad injury and then after being rejected by us was prepared to drop into non league and work his way back into the football league. Good luck to the lad.

Having followed his career from under 16s i thought we had a special player on our hands. Can do everything expected of a good midfield player, can pass, tackle,score the odd goal and has a good engine. Unfortunately a bad injury came at the wrong time for him and the spat with Moo2 didnt help. Was very dissappointed to see him leave.
    What do you think stopped him breaking into Bournemouth's team regularly? If he can defend and attack there must be a weakness somewhere else in his game that meant they picked other players ahead of him.
  • Options

I don't believe that anyone other, perhaps, than a few fantasists on here saw the business with Yassin reflecting in any way negatively on Arter.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

I don't believe that anyone other, perhaps, than a few fantasists on here saw the business with Yassin reflecting in any way negatively on Arter.

It was'nt just the spat with Moo2 it was his general ill discipline and temper. This is not heresay it is from someone who knew him and his family