Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Sam

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Special mention to that lad, absolutely ran his b*llocks off last night to the point where he couldn't run anymore...actually looked like he was proud to wear the shirt and fully deserved his standing ovation.

He also linked up fairly well with Bent I thought (considering it's the first time they played together) and looked a threat throughout, a great little 1 - 2 in the 2nd half down the right and also a little flick on to bent from a cross from the left (great awareness) stick in my mind.

Also should've had a stonewall pen in the first half.

Comments

• Options
    he was falling over too ofetn to get a penalty...i was impressed with his non-stop running...him and kish in the team makes a lot of space for the rest...definitely worth a start on saturday....
  • Options
    FFS LTGTR he went down once in the penalty area for a LOCKED ON PEN.

Absolutely superb performance by the lad and justified Reed's tag that he's ready for the PL.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I think might have gone over in/near the area before that as well.

Fell over quite a lot -thought he might have changed his studs at half time, but was still falling voer second half!
  • Options
    I tend to think of Lloyd Sam as a youngster and it is great to see an academy player coming through into the team. We don't have much success with that and those that do make it take their time.

To put it into context, Lloyd Sam is the same age (give or take) as Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose and he is actually older than Scott Carson.
  • Options
    Can't criticise his effort but didn't think he really looked like a Premiership star in the waiting.
    Can't see the Spurs defence having nightmares ahead of Saturday personally...
  • Options
    Good point.

A pity he missed almost all of last season through injury.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mark[/cite]
    To put it into context, Lloyd Sam is the same age (give or take) as Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose and he is actually older than Scott Carson.

Blimey, never realised that.

I think we're just desperate for 'one of our own' to make it through...
  • Options
    He played well last night, someone small fast and tricky does create problems and worries for defenders.

Really good to see Kish showing he cares, may be this will start to rub off on some of the others, we should make him captain for the remainder of the season.

Hughes made a really good contribution last night.