Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The madest thing you have ever seen at a gig?

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
Your starter for ten....

The Almighty at The Marquee circa 1990. Bloke scaled the speaker stack (which was floor to ceiling) and stage dived head first into the crowd! Not sure who was worse the bloke that dived or those that tried to catch him!!

There were also people playing head tennis with a dead pigeon whilst the support band where on!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Sid from Slipknot jumping from the Balcony in the Astoria
  • Options
    5 man pyramid attempt at Papa Roach when I was very young. Wasn't pretty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Sid from Slipknot jumping from the Balcony in the Astoria

did he survive i mean they all look dead but did that finish him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Sid from Slipknot jumping from the Balcony in the Astoria

did he survive i mean they all look dead but did that finish him?

Yep he survived, the place was so packed people couldn't move to get out of his way!
  • Options
    The moshpit at a Ramones gig circa 1989.....i was in front of it clinging on to the stage for dear life as every cider-punk & grebo in Manchester beat seven shades of crap out of each other.
  • Options
    Throwing paper aeroplanes at a mike oldfield gig............ I know not very mad,,, but for a mike oldfield gig, the height of excitement !!
  • Options
    The Bloke who climbed up the floodlights at the charlton who gig he had to be brought down by security,not sure what he was on?
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Pretty sure I was at this.

The time they played astoria before they toured with Slayer.

A full on Orgy at Ally Pally for Manson is by far my weirdest. (No, I didn't join in)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]

Pretty sure I was at this.

The time they played astoria before they toured with Slayer.

A full on Orgy at Ally Pally for Manson is by far my weirdest. (No, I didn't join in)

I think it was Slipknots first UK shows,packed solid,i'm sure it was over the saftey limit and total madness,bar was 5 deep.
  • Options
    The Stranglers in the early '80s. Some biker type at the front spat at Hugh Cornwell. The whole band stopped mid-song & two enormous bouncers came on from the wings & dragged said biker out of crowd onto stage. As the bouncers pinned him down and debagged him (throwing his jeans & skiddies into the crowd), Cornwell stood over him peeling a banana. Banana then went wrong way up biker's exhaust pipe before he was freed to scuttle off butt-naked and clutching his bits with both hands! Personally I'd have left town immediately after that never to return...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    at a punk alldayer in forest gate in about 1989, big fat scottish punk bird kicking the shit out of a group of swastika wearing skinheads
  • Options
    The Pink Faries playing naked, and peeing on the crowd at Phun City in the seventies.
  • Options
    A well known kid from the audience known as 'Jesus' being mock raped by Arthur Brown at the Roundhouse, about circa '73.
  • Options
    Seen some mad shit at hardcore gigs - but nothing as bad as Sick Of It All about ten years ago at the Underworld. Anyone who's ever been knows that its a shitty, tiny little venue - they played with Madball supporting them and utterly destroyed the place. Four songs into SOIA's set the crowd juest went apeshit - it was carnage. Blokes were being carried out left right and centre.I saw about ten ambulances lined up along Kentish Town Road afterwards!

I saved someone's life at an Entombed show at the LA2 (I used to work there) - he had a fit after stagediving onto his bonce and I had to pull his tongue out of his throat after he'd swallowed it.

Finally, for sheer unabashed dangerousness it would be hard to top Kyuss at the LA2 in about 94. The place safely holds about 450-500 people downstairs but the promoters oversold badly, never told anyone then sold on the door too - end result? about 1000 people crammed into a space half that capacity in the middle of summer, with no functioning air con listening to some mammoth stoner grooves... I lost about a stone in body weight and a few people nearly died of dehydration.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Anyone who's ever been knows that its a shitty, tiny little venue

The Underwold in one of my favourite venues in London.

Last time I was there saw DevilDriver, just after they toured with In Flames, love it there I do!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Anyone who's ever been knows that its a shitty, tiny little venue

The Underwold in one of my favourite venues in London.

Last time I was there saw DevilDriver, just after they toured with In Flames, love it there I do!!
    Saw Anthrax do a secret gig there once - that was awesome. Kyuss and Obituary there are a couple more highlights
  • Options
    Used to go to King Kurt all the time around 1982/3, they played regularly at a tiny place in
    Clapham and one night a load of skinheads turned up and it kicked off. I was shaking glass
    out of my hair and clothes for about a week.

There was always pigs heads and dead rabbits being hurled around and the lead singer did fire
    breathing which was fine except the stage was only a foot high and the ceiling wasn't
    high either which made it 'interesting' down the front.
  • Options
    Has to be Splodgenessabounds. Lead singer, Max Splodge, was left at the top of a set of speakers after the band pulled away the connecting stack of speakers. In another gig, he came on chained to a 'prison officer' as he was allegedly in jail and was rumoured not to be appearing. Finally, they once supported themselves when the support band didnt turn up. They played under the name of the 'F----- C---', played the wrong instruments and just made a wall of noise for about 30 mins. Those who did not know them were complaining at how bad they were.
  • Options
    Went to a King Kurt gig in York in the early 80's. Loads of flour and water being thrown at/by the band (they were well known for it) turning the floor into slippery glue. There was also a pig's head being thrown around. I went in my best clothes for some dumb reason - ruined.

One of my friend was given a pint of "cider" to drink which he realised was piss after he had had a good swallow.

The workings men's club stopped having gigs after that!
  • Options
    I as at that almighty gig in 1990 good band in their day had a beer with the drumer a few times. The lead singers wife was ok too she used to be on headbangers ball on MTV.