Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just Got Home: No Passion, No Commitment, No Passion

WSSWSS
edited December 2006 in General Charlton
I am absolutely gutted at the moment as we are simply not good enough.

Reid was the only one today who looked like doing anything.

Bent was un-interested, Holland is not good enough, Young and Faye were woeful.

I say sell Bent in January and get 3 players who want to prove something in this league, players who are going to fight for the cause because the people there at the moment don't give a crap.

The most exciting thing was on the train home tonight when a couple of Charlton fans nearly had a row over Luke Young. Note to that bloke, don't ever say:

"What did he do shag you sister?"

Comments

• Options
    LOL, a good old away day wouldn't be complete without some Charlton v Charlton row !

The worry for me is the January window is effectively for fine tuning. But what we need is a lot more than simple fine tuning.

Bet it was a long journey back....
  • Options
    Yeah it was, got the 6.27 from Sheffield and got back to Dartford at 10ish.

Paddy Kenny got a good ol' caning today though, another small highlight.
  • Options
    Wasn't at the game due to other commitments elsewhere in the UK - but reading the report in tonight's Star Green'Un doesn't give me much optimism of us staying up.
  • Options
    I feel for you WSS. At least I only had to turn the radio off at the end of the game. Tell you what though, in a bizarre way it's almost better having to travel home from a game like that, at least it gives you time to collect your thoughts and comiserate with fellow fans before you get home.

Within half an hour of the end of the game I'd shouted at my son for something unimportant he'd just done wrong, which turned into a full blown row with the missus and resulted in me slinging a mint cornetto against the wall (what a mess!). At least if I'd gone to the game I would've been in a pub, thus saving my family from my foul mood!

In my defence I blame the prat doing the commentary on BBC London Radio. Would you believe a minute after the winning goal he pipes up with "There is at least some good news for Charlton fans, the scoreboard still says it's 1-1". The **** - I nearly booted the radio down the stairs.
  • Options
    crazy.

you should never waste a mint cornetto :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]In my defence I blame the prat doing the commentary on BBC London Radio. Would you believe a minute after the winning goal he pipes up with "There is at least some good news for Charlton fans, the scoreboard still says it's 1-1". The **** - I nearly booted the radio down the stairs.
    Which prat was that then? I've stopped even listening to it on the radio, cos it does nasty things to my blood pressure.
  • Options
    Ali: Dunno his name, but he kept coming out with pearlers like, "Faye slaps the ball out to Ambrose".

"Slaps"??? No wonder we lost if we keep on giving away free kicks by "slapping" the ball.

Scott Minto was doing the co-commentary. He Kept referring to us as "we" - which is always fine by me - sounded well depressed at the end.

AFKA: It was the last one in the freezer too - so can't even have another one now i've calmed down!
  • Options
    That commentator was the pits!
  • Options
    agreed he was a w@nketr
  • Options
    holland had his first half-decent game of this season

reidy was out of this world today and so were the travelling fans - first class the lot of us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not only had to suffer that absolute toilet performance, but also had to spend the night listening to the locals laughing at us being the worst team they have played this season with the worst support ............. couldn't do much else but to agree with them!

i am now going to bed and look forward to the hangover from hell tomorrow!!
  • Options
    Have to admit that the couple of hours we spent before the match in one of the pubs (three of us- many of them) was actually quite a pleasant/ good natured affair- proper banter but nothing at all to worry about and with a smile on your face

Not sure i'd have stood for too much afterward though but the Blades fan's we met before were ok-
  • Options
    They were actually ok. Before the game we went to the pub near the station where most of the charlton were holed up. Afterwards we tried to find a pub with prem plus (non existant in Sheffield). Ten of us marched into a pub full of Burberry and white trainers - thought we had made a big blunder, but no problems. Interesting, but also miserable, to eaves drop on some of the oppos fans comments about us - as i said couldn't argue with much of what they were saying.

Sheffield is a cracking night out though..............................
  • Options
    What were they saying about us?
  • Options
    They said that they were expecting to lose - looked up to us and thought we were the model club. However surprised at how poor our team was, in that we could put two passes together. Said that if a sheffield side had that type of passion then they would go ballistic. Our support also got a lot of criticism as no other clubs had taken less than a 1000. Etc etc
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    probably inclined to agree with them-

guess I'm just glad i didn't have to listen to it.

The Blades fans before were very nervous- as we were. Funnily enough- very ready to slag Warnock off as embarrassing/ doesn't know what to do etc, which i/we found very strange.