Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

i know its hard at the moment

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
stop sniggering !

no, back to the point. I know its hard to see at the moment, but we can't just give up. We accuse players of not fighting enough for the cause, but we're prepared to give up at the beginning of December. Two wins and we might not even be in the relegation zone.

If we 'accept' relegation now, then the negative impact will echo throughout the club. The positive is that we simply can't get any worse than what we have been of late. If we had got a point today and a point on Tuesday, we would still be indecided. We MUST beat Blackburn now, we must give everything to create the right atmosphere.

Sometimes its little things that can turn everything. I always fancy us midweek at the Valley against virtually everyone, midweek home games always have the different buzz and feel around it. A win will give everyone belief.

I'm not giving up yet.

Comments

• Options
    noones really giving up,just everytime we lose its the same hymn sheet,were we hear how we played ok for twenty mins etc or we should of got this or that,why dont they pull there over paid fingers out there ass and fuckin win some games,this motley crew we have aquired really dont give a toss do they?
  • Options
    AFKA - I don't think we will survive this season, however I will be willing the team to prove me wrong.

I don't think a healthy dose of realism is a bad thing. Lets set our expectations low and go in good heart and continue to give the team a positive atmosphere.

I think most if not all the C Lifers will be doing that, it is the rest of the support that we need to worry about...
  • Options
    The problem is that as each game passes the following game is far more pressurised and it hurts even more when we lose.

It felt like we were relegated today, it really did.

CTID
  • Options
    City till i die ?

You've not switched allegiances already ?? :-)
  • Options
    Accepting that we're now likely (very likely?) to go down isn't the same as giving up.

What about the season after the play off final. I'm sure at this stage of the season having lost however many on the spin there were a hell of a lot of people who were starting to accept that the same outcome was likely. Difference is that we - the fans - had the mentality of digging in and at least trying to enjoy it while we were there. The players also dug in and we made a good fist of it.

I'm sure the fans will dig in again - that's what we do. Question is, will the players?

Who would you prefer in the trenches with you: Brownie, Kins, Rufus, Robinson, the two Jones boys, Eddie Youds, et al - or the current crop???

Frightening when you look at it like that. Wouldn't back the likes of Romm, Ambrose, Hughes, Holland, etc in a ruck with a bunch of OAP's!!!

There's no bottle in the squad - collectively or individually.
  • Options
    Off_it, i could not agree more, especially after Reading and today's game.

We sang our hearts out to day, we really did and didnt get onto their backs when we really could of. Mis-placed balls, pulling feet out of tackles, we just don't need this in our current situation
  • Options
    i've said it before, i think the support has been excellent so far this season. But i really can't see it lasting though sadly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i've said it before, i think the support has been excellent so far this season. But i really can't see it lasting though sadly.

I hope we can have one of our good nights under the lights and bounce straight back against Blackburn.

COME ON YOU REDS!!
  • Options
    Reckon we should all turn up battered on Tuesday night, for three reasons.

1/ back to the Valley anniversary.
    2/ alcohol isn't a bad anastetic
    3/ it's my birthday the following day and I'm having the day off - you all should too!

Who's in? Say an 11am meet in the Oak???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    Who's in? Say an 11am meet in the Oak???
    You're obviously a follower of the Homer Simpson philosophy (see Pickwicks contribution to the quote thread)