Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The next rule change in football...

Over the last few years the back-pass law has been brought in, there have been numerous changes to the offside law, the number of subs allowed has increased. What will be the next rule change?

Perhaps match duration being decided by a hooter as in rugby league? The use of TV referees?

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Options
    video ref for goal line decisions I reckon, the 4th official will have a monitor by him on the touchline
  • Options
    i can see them changing the offside rule again.

At the soccerex conference in dubai, they were roadshowing a hearing device that supporters can buy that would mean you could listen to everything the ref says and the players around them. If like in rugby league, the players were aware what they were balling to the ref was being transmitted, i think their attitudes would be very different.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Afka - I back your campaign to have headed passes excluded from the offside law ;-)

Other little changes I'd like to see:

- a player sent off in the first half for two bookable offences to be allowed back on at the same time in the second half (eg Traore at West Ham) - a kind of extended sin-bin I guess

- penalty shoot-outs taken BEFORE extra time

- players substituted off can then become a valid substitute to come BACK ON if wanted!

I have it on good authority that all four of these are likely to be in place for next season.
  • Options
    standard excercise bikes for substitutes to warm up on.

not only does it look funny, they would not be allowed to enter the field of play until they have 10 miles.