Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emeka Ifejiagwa

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Anyone remember him?

Comments

• More than likely spelled incorrectly
  • edited November 2008
    he was the nigerian we signed in the summer of 98 but never played

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emeka_Ifejiagwa
  • nigerian centre back
  • You have to have googled it! Unless like me you saw him in the reserves seemed good but got injured and never played again!
  • Played on loan for Brighton in season 1998/1999 for a couple of games. Scored the winner at Barnet.
  • I remembered him to be honest as at the time any kind of international at the club was still a big thing
  • I remember the name - and I believe its spelled correctly too - most impressive!
  • we wanted to do a deal, but he run into work permit issues despite getting married here i think.

Remember his reserve game, which they had to do as free entry as it was a trial, and there were as many down there as you would expect for a carling cup game !
  • edited November 2008
    Ah yes...Big Emey as he was known...the one that got away!!!
  • edited November 2008
    got away?, don't think we needed any more 'Ife' centre backs...

...coat
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't he brought over by John Fashanu?.

I'm sure there were allegations of moody passports.....pretty sure he had his contract at Barnet cancelled as there was a problem with his passport.

Don't think anything was ever proven though.
  • saw him play for the reserves against Spurs I think it was. looked ok but nothing great