Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do you feel sorry for Darren?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bent is a fantastic goalscorer but not a fantastic footballer, much like Owen, I imagine Spurs want a player who's both, they had one but they sold him to ManU.

We played him to his strengths, we didn't ask him to do anything but score goals and that's what he did.

I imagine Harry will know how to get the best from him.
  • Options
    If i saw Darren in the street id give him a great big bear hug. Love him and have found myself supporting spurs when they are on only to see him do well not them. He'll come home one day - when his pace and knees have gone obviously!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]If i saw Darren in the street id give him a great big bear hug. Love him and have found myself supporting spurs when they are on only to see him do well not them. He'll come home one day - when his pace and knees have gone obviously!

Couldn't have said that better myself. True gent.

Parker on the other hand... would like to slap him round the face with a wet halibut and then hide it somewhere in his Aston Martin Vanquish, I think it was (didn't he buy that with the money he got from signing a new contract with us)
  • Options
    Even with Spurs in freefall, he's their top goalscorer, yet still gets looked over for that pile of Russian rubbish .....

A good player and natural goalscorer, but Spurs haven't and don't play to his strengths. He's at his best running on to a through ball and not having it lumped up at him, hopefully Redknapp will get him better service and play him the way he was played under Curbs.
  • Options
    you shouldnt be feelin sorry for him.He is on the charlton athletic list of traitors.

He can get lost
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc1[/cite]you shouldnt be feelin sorry for him.He is on the charlton athletic list of traitors.

He can get lost
    Don't be silly please.
  • Options
    The reason we got £16.5 for DB was because he kept insisting he was happy to stay at Charlton. As I recall he said if the club got the right offer and were happy to sell him, then that was up to them, but he was prepared to give the Championship a season.

Totally different to Parker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc1[/cite]you shouldnt be feelin sorry for him.He is on the charlton athletic list of traitors.

He can get lost

That's the best comedy post since the Zeng Zhi Fans one the other week.

Having DB in the team meant that every week for two seasons running we had a hope. We knew that we had someone who was as likely as any player in the opposition to put the ball in the net. We were playing regularly against some of the best football clubs in the World, and with Dazza there we had someone who could win it for us. What would we give to have that feeling again now, when we feel a sense of dread before facing up to a bunch of useless northern rugby-monkeys?

Darren Bent always tried his hardest, he was a team player, a great goal scorer and an ambassador for our club. Whether he wanted to go to Spurs or not, he always stated that he was willing to play for Charlton. Hardly a traitor; more like a genuine star!
  • Options
    1). He did NOT want to leave.
    2).Was told by the England "manager" he HAD to play in the prem.
    3).£16.5Million. Charlton could NOT turn this down.
    4).Still WOULD come back if he could.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, I think Darren Bent is a very good player and performed very well for us. However, he plays in that pivotal style where the team has to be built around him. At Charlton that was fine, but at Spurs (and they are better than their current position) and, especially, with England, it is not quite enough. Controversially, I would never say that Shearer was a great player at international level, because you have to build the side around players like him. Building your side around a striker is a rarity, despite what you read about some of the big names like Torres and Ronaldo -the sides are not built around them - they are just top notch players. The only one who consistently done in that role was Dalglish who was pivotal in Liverpool's success, although he had a more than decent bunch behind him. My verdict is that Darren is very good, but not top 4/international standard.
  • Sponsored links: