Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who to support now that Charlton are Rubbish?

I've decided to give up on Charlton as they are not in the top four of the Premier League as it their God given right.

I was going to support my local non-league side Bromley FC but they lost at home to lower league AFC Hornchurch in the FA Cup yesterday.

This left my son's side Petts Wood Owls U10s but they lost 6-2 in the big local derby to Petts Wood Jays so I'm not following them.

Maybe football is the wrong sport I thought. Cricket is a grand game and I'm a Man of Kent but I found out that they have just been relegated.

I was going to commit suicide but then I remembered that

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live (love, laugh and be happy)

Comments

• Options
    Well i watched Orpington Rovers get beaten by beacons today 5-0.All the beacons players are with academy teams,and they had won the previous 2 games 6-0 & 20-0 they recruit the best players from other teams a la chelsea with parker.Well Northstandjoe played a absolute blinder today in goal could easily have been 10-0 and I am as proud as punch.I was asked to give man of the match today which pissed me off as my son was man of the match so sod it i gave it to him.Even the other coach commented on how well he played which made it all the much better.
  • Options
    Form your own subbuteo team and then challenge the dog to a game.
    If you lose that then there really is no point carrying on Henry :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Form your own subbuteo team and then challenge the dog to a game.
    If you lose that then there really is no point carrying on Henry :)

I still have some subutteo players in the loft but no dog. Life's so unfair

Well done to NorthstandJoe. My Joe didn't come on until it was 5 - 1 so he at least steadied the boat at the back.
  • Options
    By the way, NSS the kit you sold us was money well spent. I don't think we have lost a game in it yet, and we picked up a trophy on the way last season :)
    And the girls team won as well in that kit.
    Mind you we start our season this Wednesday with our new set of lads, and I have the feeling the 100% kit record may not hold......still it was good while it lasted ;)
  • Options
    Henry I will lend you my dog, anything to reignite some hope in a fellow Addick ;)
    ( play all your stuff down the right, he's crap on his left paw)
  • Options
    For years I tried to convince my eldest son that, instead of being a glory hunter and supporting Man Ure, he should switch allegiance and support his local club instead. Well, finally I managed to get through to him and for the last 3 years he has been a season ticket holder - at Welling United!!!

Now he's trying to convert me and the way we're going he's got every chance of doing it.
  • Options
    Ive been trying to get into melbourne victory but until they move to there "rectangular" stadium its a bit of a non stater....
  • Options
    I hear Tottenham are on fire at the moment..... and I like Darren Bent.

So come on you Spurz.

Oh....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Henry I will lend you my dog, anything to reignite some hope in a fellow Addick ;)
    ( play all your stuff down the right, he's crap on his left paw)

PMSL
  • Options
    Why not follow the last team that you saw win like the BBC do with their Road to Wembley. That way you always come out of the ground happy because your team won. That makes you a Wednesday fan at the moment (that'll please CB), but come Tuesday it could be Forest. Whatever the result, it doesn't matter 'cos you'll be on to a winner.

Only drawback I can see is it'll be a tad hard sorting out a season ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Why not follow the last team that you saw win like the BBC do with their Road to Wembley. That way you always come out of the ground happy because your team won. That makes you a Wednesday fan at the moment (that'll please CB), but come Tuesday it could be Forest. Whatever the result, it doesn't matter 'cos you'll be on to a winner.

Only drawback I can see is it'll be a tad hard sorting out a season ticket.

Stig, That it is a great idea and as you say it will wind up that troll CB as well : - )

Henry Irving is a Wednesdayite until they next lose a game.

(only drawback I can see of this plan is that Palace might win a game sometime this season. I therefore evoke 2 Get Out of Supporting Palace clauses for every season)
  • Options
    no one feck footie,feck everything

footie is for whimps
  • Options
    Maybe you could be like the fella I drink with who married into a Millwall family, so decided to support a bigger and more successful team to wind his wife up a bit.

He picked Newcastle.
  • Options
    Here the answer.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    (only drawback I can see of this plan is that Palace might win a game sometime this season. I therefore evoke 2 Get Out of Supporting Palace clauses for every season)[/quote]

Theres always cup games as well, but that would mean Palace winning at least three games in a season, so I guess your 2 get outs should be safe.
  • Options
    Come on all you down in the dumpers.Put your video of the play off final on and cheer yourselves up.It could be a lot worse. I just hope after tuesday,that it isn't. ;)
  • Options
    We could all meet at the Bickley And Widmore on a saturday afternoon and play tiddly winks,Hush puppies and Cardigans optional.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]Come on all you down in the dumpers.Put your video of the play off final on and cheer yourselves up.It could be a lot worse. I just hope after tuesday,that it isn't. ;)

That's the problem! You watch that and realise what passionate players we used to have!!
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet.
  • Options
    Dulwich Hamlet !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace???????
  • Options
    charlton end of
  • Options
    Sidcup RFC....