Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent to United

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Would you begrudge him the move?

I would be upset to lose the lad and that would spell curtains for us. Depends on the deal but if we could maybe nick a couple of players plus cash - if we don't let him go we'd have a pissed off player on our hands for rest of the season.

Do we want that?

Darren Bent strikes me as an intelligent young man but this has had to have turned his head. It is Man United after all.

Comments

• Options
    I would not begrudge the guy a move to a big club manure but I really dont think he has the skill for that level of football at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Arfur[/cite]if we don't let him go we'd have a pissed off player on our hands for rest of the season.

I'm not sure Darren is that sort of bloke, but I guess time will tell
  • Options
    he'd barely get a game up there (Carling and F A Cup aside) and it would have the same effect on him as it had on Parker going to Chelski
  • Options
    Arfur - your post reads like this is a done deal. Where have you got this info?
  • Options
    Apparently he is well settled at Charlton & will not ask to leave, thing is if/when we go down he will not have a choice. As I understand it though if we stay up he is more than happy to stay, not interested in a move to a bigger club as yet according to his dad.
  • Options
    I said on the other thread, perversely i'm more mellow than i was for the Parker situation, and wouldn't feel so bad about him as i did when Parker went. Perhaps its because there has already been a precedent, i don't know.

Perhaps its because we are a struggling side now and wasn't then. We weren't holding Parker back in any way, yet if Bent continues to be starved of service.....
  • Options
    if we got Rossi in the deal with some cash i'd be quite content
  • Options
    that's not a bad call WSS
  • Options
    Heath - No one in particular just the way Les Reed was in the press conference smacked of there has been a definite approach. No smoke without fire and all that.

Rossi is at Newcarrrsil
  • Options
    He's only on loan though Arfur.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But whats he done at newcarrsill, everyone bangs on about him, but i think he is rubbish.