Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football for the better or for the worse ?

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
What rule changes have there been since you started following football ?

Have they been for the better or for the worse ?

The main one for me is the pass back to the keeper, how this was allowed to go on for so long i'll never know. Can you imagine Chelsea one nil up now and being able to chip it back to the keeper ??

Comments

• Options
    No drinking alcohol within view of the pitch.

Most pointless rule change EVER
  • Options
    Additional subs choosing from 5 so you can include a keeper has definitely improved it a bit.

On the downside the offside rule, I am not even gonna start....oh ok then, first phase second phase, third phase , passive, not interfering with play.....I give up players don't understand it, fans don't understand it, change it back to how it was.
  • Options
    Not a rule change as such but the demise of that saturday 3:00 kick-off for various kos all over the weekend is definitely for the worse

One rule change I'd bring in is to say you cannot be offside from a header.
  • Options
    Substitutions - another rule change to bring in would be that a player subbed off can be subbed back on again, so long as it was within the 3 substitutions limit.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]No drinking alcohol within view of the pitch.

Most pointless rule change EVER

Well it helped Tony Adams to raise his game.
  • Options
    Lack of terracing....

Women being allowed in...... ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]
    One rule change I'd bring in is to say you cannot be offside from a header.

can i ask why ?
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    'injured' players having to go off the field after being treated.... just wastes more time...
  • Options
    Bookings for players over celebrating a goal, ie leaving the field of play or lifting their shirt over their head....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6 second rule - 1 only ever remember that being enforced once and that was our bloody keeper - bloody daft rule
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Arfur[/cite]6 second rule - 1 only ever remember that being enforced once and that was our bloody keeper - bloody daft rule

Is that still in place?
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Back pass to the goalkeeper rule - excellent!! The game was dying due to teams defending a lead by constantly passing back to the keeper who would pick it up roll it out etc etc.

Edit - AFKA just read your original post more properly which I seem to agree with!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Arfur[/cite]6 second rule - 1 only ever remember that being enforced once and that was our bloody keeper - bloody daft rule

Is that still in place?

Believe so. It was the 6 step rule wasnt it, but then got replaced with the 6 second rule....
  • Options
    The tackle from behind. Much better know.

Red and yellow Cards. Came, went, came back again. At least you know what has happened.

Subs were better when there were fewer of them. I think it favours the clubs with big squads and you hardly ever see a standin in keeper which was a joy of football.

Moving the wall back 10 yards for dissent. Great rule that refs rarely used and now gone.
  • Options
    How would Les Berry cope in the modern game? He had two aspects to his game: the back pass to Nicky Johns or Jeff Wood and the welly!
  • Options
    All Seater Stadium, Not Being Able To Get At The Away Supporters During The Match, Always Good To Get An Away Supporters Scarf, Sadly No Longer.Now Much More Civilised.