Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

DID REED REALLY SAY THAT?

i can't believe some of the things reed said in the MOTD/SKY interviews ' we need to work on our fitness, we need to get fitter....the team were determined...we need to be more determined....it was my first chance to have a look at them'...... well WTF has he been doing for the last 5 months, the team and the manager were hardly inspiring on saturday and i fear the worst

Comments

• Options
    have to agree on the 'take a look at them' comment.

If i knew saturday's exercise was purely for them to 'take stock', i wished they had told us before.

Because i wouldn't of spent £32 on it.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]well WTF has he been doing for the last 5 months
    assessing dowie.
  • Options
    "take stock" laughing stock more like!
  • Options
    totally agree....how the fcuk was it his 'first chance to have a look at them' !!!
  • Options
    Outrageous comments. I was just about to post the same. A comedy of errors this is turning out to be.
  • Options
    Give Reed a break!

I suspect Dowie picked the team previously and Les did his work on the training ground and, if the rumours are true, would have been ignored even if he had ventured a view on team selection.

Therefore it WAS his first chance to look at them from a team selection viewpoint.

His comment about learning a lot about the players probably refers to the character of the players. It's one thing to look the bollocks in the relaxed surroundings of Sparrows Lane quite another to perform when under the cosh at the Madjeski.
  • Options
    And if Dowie was sacked for sidelining Les, no wonder he finds himself in the s**t.