Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blades Away

So on the way to Reading yesterday my mate asks if i'm going to go to Sheffield Utd on saturday week and my reply is " tell you at 5pm"

After that pile of rubbish yesterday-at 5pm, why did i immediately say yes?

Am i mad?- 'cos if we play like we did(n't) at Reading, it's going to be one hell of a long journey back.
Is it because i sense we can suddenly "tonk" someone?
Is it because it is now definately a "relegation six pointer"?
Is it because it might be the begining of the end?

And who else, like me is going but doesn't know why?

Comments

• Options
    i'm going... but i do know why... i only live 2 miles away ;)

no but on a serious note - we need all the support and fighting spirit we can get and that starts with us

shall i tell you why you are going? for the same reason as i keep being sucked into going to away games... you know we are going to get that win sometime and after spending hundreds of pounds on the last 21 attempts, you don't want to be missing it do you?
  • Options
    i live 4 miles away and i think my diary is free so i guess i'll be going.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]
    And who else, like me is going but doesn't know why?

i'm going, but only because am staying overnight.

it's funny, this season under dowie i looked forward to every game.
    now i'm dreading everton, and am only going to away games with a night out thrown in.
  • Options
    do you know where you're staying yet pbs?
  • Options
    no.
    stayed at the hillsborough hotel for cup game last year. that was the choice of cheeseroll (who likes his real ale).
    cheeseroll is not going this time but we may stay there or a travel lodge thing and get a cab into town centre.

any suggestions isls
  • Options
    well a mate of mine booked his friday and said for some reason all the usual haunts are proving very difficult to nab. i don't know if there's something on but prices are fairly high and there doesn't seem a lot available. if you're going back to the hillsborough, don't forget that's three or so miles from brammall lane and if you're going out it's a fair way from the town centre. i'd get in quick if i were you...
  • Options
    i drink in the hillsboro on wednesday nights. nice pub. typical real ale place. old codgers with beards and the occasional joint going round. nice view across sjeffield of the ski village at night. did you know it only gets two barrels of each beer then changes for a different brew. anyway hope you find somewhere. there's a good snooker hall almost next door to hillsborough hotel (24hr) and its on the tram route. enjoy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Prince-e-Paul[/cite]nice view across sjeffield of the ski village at night.

blimey, i knew it was oop north but i never knew it had a ski resort !
  • Options
    Stayed at Nether edge hotel just off London rd and is on Montgomery rd!blinding place and a great bar!This is where i may head if i stay over night