Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Hamilton - World Champion in the Making

I know a lot of people on here are Cricket lovers & even quite a few Golf lovers, but event of the weekend was undoubtedly the German Grand Prix. Lewis Hamilton is an exceptional talent & a World Champion in the making & he is British, the car is British even the engine although German is built in England. The Mclaren's & Ferrari's were for once on a level playing field & Lewis destroyed those Prancing Horses. Great Race & an exciting Championship cannot wait till the next one!

Comments

• Options
    Shame Heikki and Lewis arent on a level playing field though...
  • Options
    This thread is too long and contains too many comments. It's hyper activity is slowing down the rest of the site.
  • Options
    Agree with you Kets, world champion hopefully this year.

However, why do the other drivers just seem to move over for him? The way Massa moved out of his way was a disgrace! Bring back the days of Prost v Senna
  • Options
    Agree with you Kets, world champion hopefully this year.

However, why do the other drivers just seem to move over for him? The way Massa moved out of his way was a disgrace! Bring back the days of Prost v Senna
  • Options
    Not a world champion at paying taxes though, though I understand he really loves Britain.
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Last nights MotoGP from the US of A knocked the F1 circus into a cocked hat. F1 is a snore IMHO, however it would be good for David Hamilton to be champ.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Not a world champion at paying taxes though, though I understand he really loves Britain.

I'd do the same if i was him too. Why live here and pay lots of tax? Baring in mind he's probably not at home much anyway as he's always here, there and everywhere driving, testing, working for sponsors etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Last nights MotoGP from the US of A knocked the F1 circus into a cocked hat. F1 is a snore IMHO

Great battle between Rossi and Casey Stoner until Stoner dropped it in the dirt!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Last nights MotoGP from the US of A knocked the F1 circus into a cocked hat. F1 is a snore IMHO

Great battle between Rossi and Casey Stoner until Stoner dropped it in the dirt!

Is that a euphamism?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn't give a monkeys if he won, lost, got a puncture or a speeding ticket,
  • Options
    Some people just beggar belief, this kid comes along, wins some amazing races and some people here just laugh it off.
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Shame Heikki and Lewis arent on a level playing field though...

what are you on about? Heiki isnt the no 1 driver, why wouldn't he move over for him, no one driver gets president man?

[cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]This thread is too long and contains too many comments. It's hyper activity is slowing down the rest of the site.

WHAT??
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Not a world champion at paying taxes though, though I understand he really loves Britain.

pointless!
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]zzzzzzzzzzz

some people dont think its zzzzzzzzz

[cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Couldn't give a monkeys if he won, lost, got a puncture or a speeding ticket,

but some do, Off It!

The Moto GP was awesome tho!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]what are you on about? Heiki isnt the no 1 driver, why wouldn't he move over for him, no one driver gets president man?

It's makes a mockery of the entire thing if drivers move out the way for people, same team or not.
  • Options
    but you clearly hate the sport stu, so why comment on it, i hate paris and egypt but you never see me commenting on how shit they are!! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]but you clearly hate the sport stu, so why comment on it, i hate paris and egypt but you never see me commenting on how shit they are!! ;-)
    I hate Paris as well - vacuous bint. Not sure who this 'Egypt' bird is though.

MotoGP was the dogs nads - Rossi is a ****ing demon. For me, that takes more bollocks than F1, and more skill. For F1 to be truly interesting to me, the cars would have to be much more equal, but I understand that would take away most of the money, and most of the excitement for fans that follow the teams rather than the drivers, so its not my place to badmouth it.
  • Options
    Leroy, i salute you sir.
  • Options
    Peronally, I think it's a load of old cods!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]but you clearly hate the sport stu, so why comment on it, i hate paris and egypt but you never see me commenting on how shit they are!! ;-)

I don't hate the sport at all, I hate things like letting each other past, ruins it.

The zzzzzz was to just wind ketters up ;-)
  • Options
    Bibble, how right you are. That was the best race of a pretty poor season to be fair, but it was proper racing. I love that corkscrew thing that they have there.
  • Options
    My objection to Lewis isn't that he plays up to the old knuckledraggers by constantly wrapping himself in the flag and playing the British card or that he sped out the country like a finely tuned F1 car off the line, the second that he started really earning. It's that he does both. Puts me in mind of Sean Connery being used as a posterboy for the SNP when he didn't love the country enough to live in it and contribute to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would say that the young lad was poorly advised when he decided to leave the country to live in a Tax haven, although I do wonder how many of those who critisize him for doing it would have done anything different themselves when all of a sudden earning Mega Millions & the Goverment demanding best part of half of it !
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    A true talent. So lets do the British thing, let's build him up and knock him down.
  • Options
    Well Gotta say a Dull race under lights was made hugely entertaining by the FIA's favourite Team Ferrari. The First pit stop where they released him into traffic with the fuel still on was comical First to last in one pit stop classic. Then Raikkonen hitting the wall a few laps from home made it the perfect race. Hamilton WILL be world champion in spite of the FIA & their anti Mclaren campaign.
  • Options
    ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Loved seeing Ferrari fail.

Loved seeing them sprint down the pit to rescue Massa.

Well within Lewis's grasp now...he should win it, Massa is a very average driver.
  • Options
    Three races to go, so a lot can happen, but love the way Lewis is so calm and collected despite some of the bizarre F1 goings on.

Only saw the highlights last night, and still don't understand how Rosberg ended up second despite a penalty for pitting under the safety car?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Only saw the highlights last night, and still don't understand how Rosberg ended up second despite a penalty for pitting under the safety car?

Because the numpties at Ferrari International Assistance (the FIA) left the penalty for ages, allowing Rosberg to keep the others behind him...