Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tiger Woods

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Four shot lead over Rose in the Tour Championship currently.

I really hope he can stay injury free until next year's majors.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Four shot lead over Rose in the Tour Championship currently.

I really hope he can stay injury free until next year's majors.

Agree, but maybe have a slight relapse next weekend...
  • Options
    3 clear going into the final round. To win this would really mark his return and possibly set him up to go on and claim more majors. The Masters perhaps next year?
  • Options
    After 1,876 days Tiger has had a PGA Tour win. Now that's a comeback!
  • Options
    So pleased for him and the game of golf in general
  • Options

Agreed, but just how much pressure was Justin Rose under going up at 18. To throw away the FedEx cup, then win it back with a birdie on the last showed immense character.
  • Options

Agreed, but just how much pressure was Justin Rose under going up at 18. To throw away the FedEx cup, then win it back with a birdie on the last showed immense character.
    Not forgetting the lucky bounce out of bunker
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Not forgetting the lucky bounce out of bunker
    Unless I'm mistaken, the ball pitched over the bunker. Unlucky with your FedEx cup bet on Tiger.

• Options
    can't keep a genius down for too long !
  • Options
    Rejoice in the fact that you are alive whilst one of the greatest sportsmen ever is plying his trade.
    The man is a legend.
    I've been lucky enough to enjoy Ali, Nicklaus, Borg, Boycott, Cruyff, Lillee Haglar, Watson, Connors, Viv Richards, Maradonna, Ballesteros, Botham, McEnroe, Dalglish, Sampras, Faldo, Brooking, Tyson, Warne, Zidane, Federer, etc etc, however this man is different, so different.
    He will, if he's not already, become the greatest golfer ever.
    They say that each sport has it's Once in a Game player:
    Boxing - Ali
    Football - Pele
    Cricket - Bradman
    Tennis - Laver
    Golf - was going to be Nicklaus, but I think Tiger will take over.

Embrace and enjoy him.
    This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s a fascinating topic discussing who was the greatest in any given sport.  In the 1970s a fantasy fight was filmed Ali v Marciano.  It was as scientific as it could be with hours of filming determining the strengths and weaknesses of both fighters.  Marciano won by a knockout in the 13th round - and died (in real life) three weeks later in a plane crash.

Bradman over Garfield Sobers?

Pele over Ronaldo?   My favourite footballer - not necessarily the greatest - was Stanley Matthews.  Oh, I forgot Sam Bartram.
  • Options
    I think for Tiger to come back from injury and personal problems to win another major is for me one of the greatest sporting comebacks of all time. I was convinced he wouldn't win again and I'm delighted he proved me wrong.
  • Options
    Probably the coolest Masters win I've seen since Jack in 1986.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Not worth 9 minutes headline news on the BBC just now.
    And another 5 minutes just 6 minutes later.
  • Options
    Not worth 9 minutes headline news on the BBC just now.
    And another 5 minutes just 6 minutes later.
    Thought it was brilliant....mainly because it wasn’t about friggin Brexit
  • Options
    Incredible comeback. As my Dad said last night "Woods can win the Masters after a couple of spine ops, i can barely lift my granddaughter after mine"
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Rejoice in the fact that you are alive whilst one of the greatest sportsmen ever is plying his trade.
    The man is a legend.
    I've been lucky enough to enjoy Ali, Nicklaus, Borg, Boycott, Cruyff, Lillee Haglar, Watson, Connors, Viv Richards, Maradonna, Ballesteros, Botham, McEnroe, Dalglish, Sampras, Faldo, Brooking, Tyson, Warne, Zidane, Federer, etc etc, however this man is different, so different.
    He will, if he's not already, become the greatest golfer ever.
    They say that each sport has it's Once in a Game player:
    Boxing - Ali
    Football - Pele
    Cricket - Bradman
    Tennis - Laver
    Golf - was going to be Nicklaus, but I think Tiger will take over.

Embrace and enjoy him.
    This.
    Pele?!!! Once in a game player? 
  • Options
    Not a golf lover but what a sporting comeback, personal issues (self inflicted), horrible injuries that would normally finish a pro career, but to come back from all that a win a major is remarkable, a great Tiger story.