Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tiger Woods

Comments

• Options
    185 for Tiger

Can tiger do it again??
  • Options
    Shame nice to see him challenging again, hopefully he is back with a bite and take it to the young guns
  • Options
    Great viewing

There are ten times as many people watching the PGA tour tonight as there were this time last year......
  • Options
    Unbelievable for Casey

1 and half hours ago he didn't have a prayer

No one stepped up though

Bit of a shame that it was overshadowed by the Tiger show - however welcome back tiger

He’s back.
    2nd place and never made anything today. Casey shoots round of the week -6 and Tiger 1 shot behind.

• Options
    Great victory for Casey.
    Interesting to see how Woods get on at the Masters.
  • Options

Just ironic that after all the amazing things Tiger did on the golf course that people will remember him being trapped in his crashed car cowering whilst the gorgeous Elin Nordin smashed the shit out of it with his #3 wood having found out about his rampant womanizing.

Pretty staggering really, he was married to one of the most beautiful women in the world and yet he was porking waitresses from Hooters that looked rougher than some old tart you'd find in the kebab shop at Bexleyheath at two o'clock on a Saturday morning being shagged by Wayne Rooney.

Allegedly.
  • Options

Just ironic that after all the amazing things Tiger did on the golf course that people will remember him being trapped in his crashed car cowering whilst the gorgeous Elin Nordin smashed the shit out of it with his #3 wood having found out about his rampant womanizing.

Pretty staggering really, he was married to one of the most beautiful women in the world and yet he was porking waitresses from Hooters that looked rougher than some old tart you'd find in the kebab shop at Bexleyheath at two o'clock on a Saturday morning being shagged by Wayne Rooney.

Allegedly.
    I think Woods will be remembered primarily for his golf - he is second in the all time major winners list after Nicklaus.
  • Options
    I have forgotten completely about Woods private life.
  • Options
    Very competitive (5th) again this weekend at the Arnold Palmer in Florida and now second shortest price 11/1 behind McIlroy (who won today) and Johnson who are both at 10's.
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed that final round tonight. So many big names on the leader board. Rory's comeback nearly as amazing as Tigers.
    @Riviera do you still think you have as much chance as Tiger of playing in the Ryder Cup??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Taxi_Lad said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that final round tonight. So many big names on the leader board. Rory's comeback nearly as amazing as Tigers.
    @Riviera do you still think you have as much chance as Tiger of playing in the Ryder Cup??

Bit more doubtful now as I have a bit of tennis elbow.
    I'm a massive Tiger fan (I started this thread) but have seen so many false dawns over the years. However this one looks real...
  • Options
    Doesn't come across as a particularly nice man but he changed the golf landscape and raised the bar to a level that the others had to reach for. In terms of the game its good to see he is back to being competitive.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I haven't. Good to see him back & in serious contention, but out of last nights runners & riders I was rooting for (in order)

McIlroy
    Rose
    Stenson
    Woods
    Dechambeux
  • Options
    The Masters have put the final round of the last 50 Masters on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSZxaHGo1OEs06vQumIooug

Plenty of Tiger nostalgia there obviously, plus a heck of a lot more.
  • Options

Riviera said:

I haven't. Good to see him back & in serious contention, but out of last nights runners & riders I was rooting for (in order)

Why not Golfie? Were you involved?

• Options
    Led the Open on the last day, albeit very briefly and 2nd in yesterday's US PGA. He's back!
  • Options
    Still needs to master the driver but he’s getting closer. Would love him to get back to winning majors. I’m a huge fan
  • Options
    I like to watch a golf tournament where from week to week anyone has a decent chance of winning. Don't mind Woods being in the mix but wouldn't want to go back to the days where he dominated.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

I like to watch a golf tournament where from week to week anyone has a decent chance of winning. Don't mind Woods being in the mix but wouldn't want to go back to the days where he dominated.

It'll never go back to those days. This generation of golfers have been inspired by Tiger, rather than dominated by him. Remarkable golf on Sunday. Not one fairway hit front nine, yet he was two under.

The back nine, one errant drive on the par 5, otherwise he might have got it to a play off.

I hated Tiger in the old days, but now seeing what he's done for the world of golf and the injuries he has been through, I was rooting for him - big style!

Him back is good for the game of golf globally.

• Options
    supaclive said:

johnny73 said:

It'll never go back to those days. This generation of golfers have been inspired by Tiger, rather than dominated by him. Remarkable golf on Sunday. Not one fairway hit front nine, yet he was two under.

The back nine, one errant drive on the par 5, otherwise he might have got it to a play off.

I hated Tiger in the old days, but now seeing what he's done for the world of golf and the injuries he has been through, I was rooting for him - big style!

Him back is good for the game of golf globally.

Given the injuries Tiger has had and the meltdown in his personal life I think his comeback is amazing and shows his strength of character. I was never a great fan of his but I am changing my views.

I never thought he would rediscover form to this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Has been offered and accepted a Vice-Captaincy role along with Steve Stricker by Jim Furyk for this years Ryder Cup in Paris. Who's to say he won't be playing in the 2020 renewal?

He has said that he wants to play in this Ryder Cup.
    So have I and we both have the same chance....
    :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    PWR......Not going to suggest I know much about golf but it does seem to me that TW has had more comebacks than Staus Quo and each time it doesn’t seem to last long..........any reason to believe this latest upward spike in form will be very long lasting?
    I am coming onto this thread completely from left field, so I appreciate the subject may have been done to death and as such my question is a bit old hat and naive.
    As a sports fan in general though, it’s of interest to me.
  • Options
    With Tiger it's nothing to do with form. Each time he has been out of the game has been due to injury. He's pushed his body to the extremes so hard that over the years it has taken its toll. He then has to adapt his game (swing) every time he comes back. During his previous comebacks his body has failed, before he can work through the rust, and so he hasn't gotten close to his previous levels. This latest attempt is the closest he has got but in terms of flexibility and movement he has limited capacity. Despite that 50% of Tiger can still compete. Most other players would have retired.
  • Options
    back in the Ryder Cup team as a player now
  • Options

PWR......Not going to suggest I know much about golf but it does seem to me that TW has had more comebacks than Staus Quo and each time it doesn’t seem to last long..........any reason to believe this latest upward spike in form will be very long lasting?
    I am coming onto this thread completely from left field, so I appreciate the subject may have been done to death and as such my question is a bit old hat and naive.
    As a sports fan in general though, it’s of interest to me.

His other comebacks he has been nowhere near to challenging, looks like he is the real deal again and only a matter of time before he wins something of note again, just a tougher field these days.

Will be good to see him in the ryder cup, this will be a tough one looks a strong line up at present and the final spot between either Tony Finau or Kisner
  • Options
    On 59 watch. - 7 thru 11 playing at par 70 Aronimink.

Apparently the nine he's on is the easier side too.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

On 59 watch. - 7 thru 11 playing at par 70 Aronimink.

Apparently the nine he's on is the easier side too.

I've said it many times before......59 doesn't mean a bean if its on a par 70 course.

I've shot 59 at Barnehurst.
  • Options
    Back 9 is a bit tougher though
  • Options

Back 9 is a bit tougher though

Barnehurst hasn’t got a back 9 :wink: