Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BTVision - help needed

edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
Mrs Low_ears got cold-called the other day and instead of telling them to go away ended up getting involved in BTvision. Now I have a great big box waiting for me to spend my entire Saturday morning effing and blinding while trying to suss it out. So:

1) Is it easy to set up?
2) What is it exactly
3) Can I watch Charlton on it (live or otherwise)
4) Should I just verbally admonish Mrs Low_Ears for not hanging up on them or should I kick her really really hard?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    1) Yes
    2) Cheap version of Sky+
    3) No
    4) No, have it as a lesser version of Sky+ in your bedrrom like we do. The Mrs would not have Sky in bedroom - too many wires etc. We have SKy+ in living room and kitchen.
    It's good, you can pause and record and get some good programmes on demand for free.
  • Options
    If you're not happy, send it back under the 14 days "distance selling" cooling-off rules.
  • Options
    Easy as, just do exactly to the letter what the paperwork tells you.

Ask my opinion though you may as well get SKY+
  • Options
    Sky+ is the canines testicles and definitely worth having if you can afford it. I've got it in the living room and ordinary Sky in bedroom for an extra £10 per month. As regards BT Vision, I did read a while ago that the technology hadn't quite caught up with the bullshit but that may have changed recently. I have just changed by ISP to BT Total Broadband so maybe I'll get to try it one day.
  • Options
    Ok, thought I'd revisit this.

Is this worth having now? From what their site says you get loads of channels (including ESPN), plus all the on demand stuff, plus some HD channels & content, all for £20 a month.

Questions are; is it any good? Is the on demand library any good? How much HD content is there? Is the vision+ box any good or is it a pile of crap (like the ondigital boxes were)?
  • Options
    If you are a BT Broadband Customer paying for anything more than the basic package it costs nothing to have. You get the freeview channels and a Personal Video Recorder for nowt. You will pay for a football bolt-on and for most of the films and programmes from their library. Great value if you are a BT broadband Customer.
  • Options
    I've got with my bt broadband, as SE23 says it is worth it for the box alone. It aint as good as Sky HD though.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind getting Sky HD, but I already pay them over £500 a year and think it's a complete liberty to charge me another £10 for the handful of HD channels. Not sure I have the bottle/attitude/whatever, to threaten to cancel, though that is probably what I should do. Would help if Virgin TV was available, at least then I could us that as a realistic threat to Sky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]I wouldn't mind getting Sky HD, but I already pay them over £500 a year and think it's a complete liberty to charge me another £10 for the handful of HD channels. Not sure I have the bottle/attitude/whatever, to threaten to cancel, though that is probably what I should do. Would help if Virgin TV was available, at least then I could us that as a realistic threat to Sky.

Like you say its a liberty the extra tenner, but HD is worth it. What I think is a bigger liberty SKY MULTIROOM. 85 quid I give Sky every month for the whole caboodle, Sky hd broadband and the phone, and they another tenner for some cable and spare card.
    I have used "I wish to cancel " threat last year when I had a fault with the box, I just told I was going to virgin as they were taking liberties. Hey presto! one brand new/refurbished hd box.