Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford Beer Festival - CAMRA response

DA9DA9
edited May 2008 in Not Sports Related
Sent: 18 May 2008 10:38To: CAMRA EMAILSubject: Re: FW: Dartford Beer Festival

"Still awaiting confirmation from the new organisers, but it looks very unlikely that it will take place this year. Hope for next year is high"

Ian Wright

And theres me thinking he was filming Gladiators!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Mate never traust a Gooner !!!!

looks like a few six packs and you doing karioke in the park then !
  • Options
    Not sure if it's related but the Dartford Festival has cancelled the usual procession that takes place every year before the event and the word is it's because either they couldn't or wouldn't pay the cost of policing it.

Perhaps the beer festival has suffered the same fate, given that it is probably a higher profile event in terms of police presence.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    strange mate but i did say to a chap who is well up on these beer festivals that i thought the Dartford Beer Festival had grown every year and i wondered if the kiss of death that is Health and Saftey had got involved.
    You know Risk Asessment pre going in tent. Risk Assessment on cask ale. Risk Assessment on siting on grass,Risk Assessment on eating the Thai noodles, Risk Assessment on listening to the band, Risk Assessment on having a good time----"Life without the element of risk , isnt life" Winston Churchill

PS never seen a copper there ? and never seen any trouble.
  • Options
    Only when the hat cant get his beer with twigs in.
  • Options
    Great British Beer Festival at Earls Court in August. Was excellent last year.