Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

great quote re: Warnock

By Brian Reade in Sat's Mirror:

"I have to disagree with my colleague Oliver Holt about his desire to see Neil Warnock's Crystal Palace get past Bristol City in the Championship play-offs.
The thought of having to endure a diet of bitter, hypocritical, drawn-out whinging whenever Warnock perceives a slight against his club is as appealing as a dentist with a bad dose of the shakes, refusing you anaesthetic before going at your root canal with a blunt drill. Every week. For nine months."

Comments

• Options
    Please please please finish the job Bristol.

Even if it means i'll be crapping myself at the fact they may beat us twice next year - the last thing i want is them a. at Wembley before us and b. in a league above us.

Come on you Bristolians!!!
  • Options
    I read that with mild amusement.

I like Warnock personally just a shame he's manager of the stripeys. After the sheff utd game in the Prem I met the bloke and he couldn't have been nicer and took time to have a right old barney with a charlton fan over football but with a smile on his face and did not refuse one photo autograph request and spent time with the kids etc.

He's probably too passionate for his own good and does go over the top nad does wind me up as well but I can't help liking the bloke, stripeys apart.
  • Options
    I've never net him but he seems to care about his team and I hate to say it has done an excellent job at palarse and is one of the better managers.

Come on City!
  • Options
    He probably has the manager's equivalent of white-line fever. A nice guy off the park/away from the action, but best to steer well clear of after a home defeat featuring a couple of dodgy refereeing decisions.

There is an incredible amount of stress involved in being a manager, your whole working week wrapped up in 90 short minutes - once the players are on the pitch there's not a lot you can do about it if it starts going pear shaped. And then some mug from the press starts asking you questions...
  • Options
    And people slag you off on message boards......... ;o)
  • Options
    He's whinging about refs does annoy but otherwise think he is OK. Don't really care about him either way.

I look forward to welcoming him to the Valley for the CAFC v CPFC league game next season.
  • Options
    Just love his reaction to City's winner saying they'd celebrated too much and had gone OTT and were smug...like he wouldn't have done that if Palace had scored a 92nd minute winner???

COME ON BRIZZLE!
  • Options
    yeah i thought that spankie, warnock going for some mind games... saying they'd celebrated like they're already at wembley ..... what a helmet colin is but fairplay to him he's performed miracles there
  • Options
    Too true, counts for nothing now but can't help but think Palace will be a force next season...
  • Options
    Fair play to him tonight - clapped the second goal when he knew that the game was over, shook Johnson's hand before the end and acknowledged the City fans.

He's a wind-up merchant, but he certainly got the best out of that squad in the last few months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    like fuck they will,poor crowds await a shovel of shit for them next season.
  • Options
    warnock about to come on sky and admit jordan is a txxxxr
  • Options
    warnock got thumped
  • Options
    Someone gave him a slap!
  • Options
    missed.
  • Options
    Just said a Brizzle fan thumped him at the end!
  • Options
    I know he can be a c*nt at times but I can't help liking him (a bit!!)
  • Options
    been a long time coming
  • Options
    as much as he is a c**t he doesn't deserve a clump
  • Options
    looked fine
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i thought he looked shaken at the thought of playing us twice next season
  • Options
    any tv evidence or was it more warnock bulls**t
  • Options