Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man City lose 8-1 , now there's a shock

so on the day city need to make sure they behave themselves and not get any bookings so they get into europe via the fair play they lose 8-1 at boro.

Don't like to accuse but........

Comments

• Options
    They got a red card though.
  • Options
    And that more than contributed to the heavy loss seeing as it was 0-0 when Dunne was dismissed.
  • Options
    bet they're still in the UEFA though. I would think that red card made them realise as even with a man down there's no way boro could beat them 8-1
  • Options
    more like a protest march...
  • Options
    NOBODY would lose 8-1 to Boro without wanting to. I'm no fan of Eriksson's, but well done City players for letting that owner know what you think. I hope he's put away for years. Fit and proper person my aris.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Man City may have lost the UEFA Cup place to Fulham due to the one Red and one Yellow they got today (Fulham went uncarded).

Given the way that the points are worked out - positive play, and attitude towards the ref also come into it - it'll be very close between the two clubs. I don't know when the final result is released.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]Man City may have lost the UEFA Cup place to Fulham due to the one Red and one Yellow they got today (Fulham went uncarded).

didn't they need about 3 red cards to even it out?
  • Options
    plus it's based on loads of other bizarre things as well as the points for cards .
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]Man City may have lost the UEFA Cup place to Fulham due to the one Red and one Yellow they got today (Fulham went uncarded).

didn't they need about 3 red cards to even it out?

No. It's a bit more complicated than that.

Here's the table and the criteria.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable/0,,12306,00.html

As far as I can tell, Fulham have gained a little bit over the last 2 weeks (card wise), and it's down to the marks given out by the officials.

I'd like to know City's 'positive play' mark from todays game.. lol.
  • Options
    Being thick. can someone explain why is losing 8-1 a protest? shouldnt they win it to show what a good manager eriksson is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    Couple of cracking goals in there as well.

If Ronaldo had hit that free kick or scored that volley Downing did all the pundits would be creaming themselves.
  • Options
    Just saw the EPL highlights on Foxtel, was stunned by that result....and as WSS said a couple of reall cracking goals!