Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Day At Work Today

Just thought I'd announce it. Why not?

I've never been one to stick in one job for long but this, at the age of 35, is my record: 4 years 6 months (including 1st year part-time).

It's always a weird feeling to leave a workplace, knowing that you won't return. After all, we spend a major part of our waking hours at work.

I marked it in the only way I could, reflecting the way I feel about the place. I did nothing, and just came home to my beautiful wife's beautiful dinner.

Comments

• Options
    what you gonna do next work wise ?
  • Options
    spell checker for charlton life
  • Options
    For the next 2.5 months I'm simply going to see out my time in Lyon. With the bonus I negotiated from work and my 3 private students I'll still make the same money. I'll also be helping my wife look after the new baby (when it finally arrives) and be preparing for our move into the mountains (1.5 hours north-east of Lyon). Once there I shall become a full-time house-husband and then investiagte several ideas I have to work. But I intend to earn my own money - working for someone else in this country isn't worth the shit pay.The only reason I'll do that intentionally and willingly is simply to get away from dirty nappies and to meet people!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]investiagte

Spell checker? Um!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    JACKED YOUR JOB!,and MOVING! into the MOUNTAINS!,IN FRANCE! with a BABY ON THE WAY!

Are you mad man?
  • Options
    whens the bady due
  • Options
    The baby's due - er - tomorrow, in fact.

And yes, I am mad. That's why I'm in AFKA's top twenty posters despite only being able to see 3 games this season.
  • Options
    good luck JM
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]JACKED YOUR JOB!,and MOVING! into the MOUNTAINS!,IN FRANCE! with a BABY ON THE WAY!

Just to clear this up a bit. We're moving to a town of 12,000 people. My wife is a doctor and has found a good job there. She'll be joint head of the nephrology (kidney) service in the hospital.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]good luck JM

Thanks. I'll be making another announcement of course for the baby!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    all the best jim enjoy its the best in the world
  • Options
    All the best Dave, hope it all works out for you.
  • Options
    Good luck.

I started on my own work wise 2 1/2 years ago. I now "work to live" not "live to work". I pay the minimum tax and NI to this shit gov and undertake the positions which i want or not as the case maybe. No stress.

PS mate get the Mrs looking for a real cure for Gout, you would make millions mate. Its all to do with kidneys and nothing to do with kidneys on a breakfast plate.
  • Options
    Top stuff Jimmy, good luck with the move, baby and all that, and good on your wife, souds a great job man.

living in the mountains, very jeolous
  • Options
    Really pleased for you, mate - new baby on the way, beautiful wife, about to start a new life in a beautiful place with hopefully a real community feel. And working for yourself, as it suits.

I work for myself, and although I've got caught up in a big task for my biggest client, I still have my independence and sense of own identity. No holiday pay, no sick pay and sometimes you have good months & bad months but at least you can hold your head up and know you are doing it your own way.

Good luck to you, mate!
  • Options
    Good luck mate, life would be complete if you could hit a barn door in the charidee game!!! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Good luck mate, life would be complete if you could hit a barn door in the charidee game!!! ;-)

lol. I have a framed picture of that miss on the wall and I shall rue it (with a chuckle) until my dying die.

By the way Oggy, I'm not sure St Claude will have a community feel (for two foreigners) but we shall see.
  • Options
    Good luck Jimmy, hope it all works out!
  • Options
    I don't envy him - just pity his poor wife.

If history is anything to go by, if the baby is a boy he is likely to name it after an ex Charlton player ( re his "tag" on here and the pet cat he once called Duffy !!)

trust me - that guy is weird.
  • Options
    Good Luck mate..... I just left my job as well, start my new one monday.... I dont have a baby on the way, well not that I know of......

good luck pal..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck JM...
  • Options
    Hey Jim

Congratulations on a) new baby b) moving to this fine land of France.

However all we francophiles are concerend about the collapse of the GBP against the euro!!!
    Are you a language teacher? You could pick up free-lance work but caution- the french tax system HATES SELF-EMPLOYED ENTREPRENEURS.
  • Options
    House husband - good for you JM. I am guessing you speak French?
  • Options
    french, childs play!

a hoh hoh hoh he hoh

haha sorry ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]House husband - good for you JM. I am guessing you speak French?

better than he speaks English !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I don't envy him - just pity his poor wife.

LOL !! And what of your poor wife living with a moany old git like you !!
  • Options
    So JimmyM, now we can all see what your brothers think of you ........ ;o)