Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My faith in humanity restored ...

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
... at least for today.

Was out on the lash last night with a couple of friends. We got a black cab home and I was the last drop-off. Then got a call to say that one of my friends had lost their laptop and did I remember seeing it in the cab. I didn't - but then I was hammered and probably wouldn't even have noticed if there was a tiger in there with me!

My doorbell went this evening and there was the cabbie standing there saying, "have you lost a laptop?" What a nice fella - south london lad too. He said he'd only noticed it in there this morning and had been driving around for a bit trying to remember where he dropped me off. I bunged him £20 for his trouble - it was all I had on me. My friend is ecstatic - the last person to lose a laptop from their work got a written warning.

Black cab drivers - love em!

Comments

• Options
    let that be a lesson to you,stay in and read your comics in future
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]let that be a lesson to you,stay in and read your comics in future

have you learnt to type with more than one finger yet nolly?
  • Options
    enough of your humour man,stop lurking on here and get reading the new fantastic five comic you aquired at the comic convention in newquay last week.
  • Options
    Ha - says the man with the pictures of Steven Segal plastered all over his bedroom wall!
  • Options
    no there under my mattress
  • Options
    That's awesome. We had a similar thing at work this week - we've got a yank working for us who went to Germany and lost his Blackberry. SOme German cab driver found it in the back of his cab and handed it in to the german old bill, who rang up the company number (dymoed to the back of it) then went and delivered it back to the bloke's hotel room! Makes you realise that not every human being out there is a bottom feeding limpet :)
  • Options
    germans and humans,dont go together
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]That's awesome. We had a similar thing at work this week - we've got a yank working for us who went to Germany and lost his Blackberry. SOme German cab driver found it in the back of his cab and handed it in to the german old bill, who rang up the company number (dymoed to the back of it) then went and delivered it back to the bloke's hotel room! Makes you realise that not every human being out there is a bottom feeding limpet :)

cab driver here brought my phone back a while back - wasn't worth a lot but it's such a pain in the arse sorting it out - there are decent people out there.
  • Options
    got a lot of making up to do still.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]germans and humans,dont go together

And what is your knowledege of Germans?
    I know loads have worked with and for them for over 20 years. Ever been there mate? Probably not. They love us, have a huge respect for us and we should respect them. Their country is so superbly run. Clean, pleasent and the whole place runs so effeciently. That of course is a cliche, but is so true.
    Go back to your Stan Boardman video fella.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]germans and humans,dont go together

And what is your knowledege of Germans?
    I know loads have worked with and for them for over 20 years. Ever been there mate? Probably not. They love us, have a huge respect for us and we should respect them. Their country is so superbly run. Clean, pleasent and the whole place runs so effeciently. That of course is a cliche, but is so true.
    Go back to your Stan Boardman video fella.

Love the hermans myself - great beer & fit birds - what more could you want
  • Options
    edited April 2008

My first impressions of Germany were more or less the same when I went to Berlin last month - it was still possible to get around where I wanted to go when the tube and most of the buses were on strike.
  • Options
    edited April 2008

My first impressions of Germany were more or less the same when I went to Berlin last month - it was still possible to get around where I wanted to go when the tube and most of the buses were on strike.
  • Options
    good luck to you dave, i find any country that starts two world wars not a favourite,you seem to take offense to everything i say tonight,do me a favour and take a breather .dont want your blood pressure going through the roof again.
  • Options
    been there twice dave,once to see my brother box.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]good luck to you dave, i find any country that starts two world wars not a favourite,you seem to take offense to everything i say tonight,do me a favour and take a breather .dont want your blood pressure going through the roof again.

Start two world wars? Hmmmmm. Check the history of your own country, which I persume is England. We are one of the biggest warmongers of all time.
    I don't take offence to all that you say mate, I just feel the need to point out when you are wrong.
  • Options
    sorry but sixty years odd years ago is still fresh in some peoples minds,not mine but my grandfathers,i dont give a monkeys if there clean or efficent,i dont trust them,or does the world .never forget!didnt like your stan boardman comment to be frank,i look at my grandfathers time in world war 2 with pride and sadness,and i for one dont forgive them as a race.
  • Options
    My granddad fought in WW1 and WW2, he would have rather fought in neither. There is nothing glorious about war.
    Give me Germans over Yanks anyday. They like us too.
  • Options
    i agree there,my brothers are american so no comment
  • Options
    neither are as good as black cab drivers though - not today at any rate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i'd like to think most cabbies would have done that Off It. I know I would.

If not they normally return it to the PCO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]... at least for today.

Was out on the lash last night with a couple of friends. We got a black cab home and I was the last drop-off. Then got a call to say that one of my friends had lost their laptop and did I remember seeing it in the cab. I didn't - but then I was hammered and probably wouldn't even have noticed if there was a tiger in there with me!

My doorbell went this evening and there was the cabbie standing there saying, "have you lost a laptop?" What a nice fella - south london lad too. He said he'd only noticed it in there this morning and had been driving around for a bit trying to remember where he dropped me off. I bunged him £20 for his trouble - it was all I had on me. My friend is ecstatic - the last person to lose a laptop from their work got a written warning.

Black cab drivers - love em!

My step-son went to Spain last week with his big bro and 2 nephews and when he arrived at the resort he realised he'd left his rucksack with a wallet full of dosh, 3 Nintendo DS's and about 20 games in the cab. The next day, reception phoned to say that the cab driver had bought back the rucksack with everything intact. Lucky boy.
  • Options
    begs the question on the other hand how the hell you can forget something like that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]i'd like to think most cabbies would have done that Off It. I know I would.

If not they normally return it to the PCO

Yeah, you would say that. But we all know that 99% of black cabbies are thieving scroats at heart really though - LOCKED ON FACT!
    ;o)