Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tonight, I am mostly drinking ...

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
... Hook Norton's Old Hooky - and very nice it is too.

What are you drinking tonight?

Comments

• Options
    bottles of london pride, very nice indeed

luvvly
  • Options
    Good to see you still into the real ale MCS - it's a mans drink.

I've also got some Spitfire and Badger Golden Champion Ale lined up ready to go. Nice.
  • Options
    nice, love spitfire sometimes drink it out of a bottle on matchdays in the lib, badger is another of my fave tipples, i like the badger ales, all quality.

Had a nice pint of abbott ale in the nags head in welling the other day, very nice

ale rocks 100%
  • Options
    Amstel.

In Spain, but surprisingly the Dutch stuff is the main beer. Not much San Miguel or Estrella.

Could kill for a Guinness and a proper whisky tho
  • Options
    I tell you what MCS, I love my real ale - Pride, Special, Harveys, Adnams, Fuggles, Landlord, Speckled Hen, the lot. But for some reason I've never ever really got on with Abbot Ale, or Greene King IPA for that matter (and they usually serve them both in the same drums). Just never order them. Would normally order a Nelson or something if that's all they had on.

Just thought I'd share that with the group. Off to get my Badger out now!
  • Options
    Down here in Cornwall, me luvverrrr ........ Pint of Tribute, St Austell Brewery.

You can get in Plymouth, too - for those coming to the match tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Down here in Cornwall, me luvverrrr ........ Pint of Tribute, St Austell Brewery.

That's a cracking drop Oggy - love it.

Doesn't "Doom Bar" come from down that way too?
  • Options
    Just got in from the hospoda (pub). Was drinking Krusovice – I'm a real ale fan but can't complain about the lager out here. Very tasty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]Just got in from the hospoda (pub). Was drinking Krusovice – I'm a real ale fan but can't complain about the lager out here. Very tasty.

You in Prague CzechAddick?? Proper Check Budvar there from those stalls on the street is always quality!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]Just got in from the hospoda (pub). Was drinking Krusovice – I'm a real ale fan but can't complain about the lager out here. Very tasty.

Oh man - this is the best thread ever - conversations about beer!

C_A, when I went to the Czech Republic I went on a tour round the Budvar Brewery - bloody fantastic it was! Czech beer is good stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: rufusisadogsname[/cite]

You in Prague CzechAddick?? Proper Check Budvar there from those stalls on the street is always quality!!!

Not in Prague I'm in Podebrady about 50km east of Prague but I agree about the Budvar! Good stuff.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

Oh man - this is the best thread ever - conversations about beer!

C_A, when I went to the Czech Republic I went on a tour round the Budvar Brewery - bloody fantastic it was! Czech beer is good stuff.
    Yep – tasty and cheap, much better than the lager in UK (although I've never tried that Real Lager stuff) – but as I say I'm a real ale man and I do miss it some times!

Not done any brewery tours here yet – damn good idea though!
  • Options
    Had too many beers last night and paying for it now - A couple of good canadian drops are Okanagan Spring 1516 and Granville Island Winter Ale.

Anyone who drinks American Budweiser should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    At the end of the tour they took you into this bar/restaurant area, gave you a pint and some grub - boiled pork, cabbage and dumplings I think - and all for about two quid, including the tour!

Magic days!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Down here in Cornwall, me luvverrrr ........ Pint of Tribute, St Austell Brewery.

That's a cracking drop Oggy - love it.

Doesn't "Doom Bar" come from down that way too?

'DoomBar' is by Sharps, another Cornish Brewery.
    Pint of "Doom", we ask for - sounds a proper Valley moaning crowd name for a beer :o)

Love it, more hoppy than 'Trib'.
    Came 2nd, a year or two ago in National championships for it's category. For a cooking bitter (about 4%), cracking pint.

Lot of peeps down here in Oggyland like Skinners ales, brewed in Truro.
    They make real ales like 'Betty Stoggs', 'Heligan Honey' ...... I personally find them a bit on the sweet side, but my GF loves 'em.

One Skinners I do like, is their 'Blonde' made from wheat, bit continental lager type taste but with a real ale flavour.
    Weighs in at 5%.

I was brought up on Shepherd Neame, in Bromley Common (old Sawyers Arms) .... so I prefer the more bitter,
    hoppy beers.

By the way, anyone coming to the match tomorrow v Plymouth?:

'The Thistle': Pub that brews it's own beers, on the corner by Oceana night clubs/Vu cinema complex at Cattedown, near the Barbican, old fishing quarter of Plymouth.

Excellent stuff!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Oh man - this is the best thread ever - conversations about beer!

great thing about supporting Charlton. banta´s always the best when we´re doing shite.
    No need for Charlton discussions, when everyone´s getting pissed on the Friday night.

later, might have to get onto some absinthe, i rekkon, gotta pluck up some balls to get with this spanish chick!!

incidentally, another great thing about Prague was that you could buy 750m bottles of Absinthe at some supermarkets for about four quid. Lethal stuff. you´re not pissed, you´re just real fukked up.
  • Options
    Oh yeah the absinthe is great! Try some slivovice too – I've got some homemade stuff that must be about 80% proof. Lethal!

And yes dumplings too Off_It! Very nice.
  • Options
    Just back from a short sesson in the boozer with Gumbo, CAFCBourne, Mrs Medders and Mrs CAFCBourne.... music provided by DJ Ketman... all very civilised.

Guinness was my choice of tipple this evening. God help my fellow passengers during the journey to Plymouth tomorrow!
  • Options
    Milk
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]Oh yeah the absinthe is great! Try some slivovice too – I've got some homemade stuff that must be about 80% proof. Lethal!

And yes dumplings too Off_It! Very nice.

I ended up trying to sing Nessun Dorma on a bus up brixton hill after drinking half a bottle of slivovice which if I remmebr was 60% I think - strong stuff - good stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's that Czechy green poison spirit that Prague people drink? Lethal stuff!
    Czech girl I know over in Plymouth & her English husband drink it like it's going out of fashion.

Blows your balls through your arse! :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]What's that Czechy green poison spirit that Prague people drink? Lethal stuff!
    Czech girl I know over in Plymouth & her English husband drink it like it's going out of fashion.

Blows your balls through your arse! :o)

absinthe ogg
  • Options
    Yep the green stuff's absinthe.
  • Options
    No, no, not absinthe - looks similar but definitely different, VA.
  • Options
    I must have got it wrong then....... I'll have to 'Czech it' out with Katerina.
  • Options
    I'm not aware of any other green drinks here but Katerina probably knows better than me!
  • Options
    maybe it's Fernet Oggy - I think that's Czech
  • Options
    Yeah Fernet is Czech but it's not green.
  • Options
    i'm not sure it's green though.

You should take a bottle to Home Park tomorrow just in case things don't turn out too good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]Yeah Fernet is Czech but it's not green.

But Oggy was after drinking it!
    ;o)