Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's weird at the moment

WSSWSS
edited November 2006 in General Charlton
It’s weird this malarkey.

I’ve just got off the phone to the “Charlton Information Centre” and bought tickets for our next two away games.

And I’m doing this after the back of a dreadful performance (by all accounts) on Saturday and despite not winning away from The Valley in 19 games (4 points from a possible 57 isn’t it?!).

Now, I can’t get my head around this, I just would not even have an inclination to go to similar games last season but its really different this year.

Is it a fear that I won’t be watching top-flight football for much longer or that I am actually enjoying our matches this year? Not even I can tell you the answer!!

On a separate note what are people’s travel arrangements fro Reading and Sheffield?

Comments

• Options
    reading away: just looked it up, a least 6 of us getting a train around 1ish from paddington returning about 6ish 12.50 return. buying later on today/tomorrow
    making a big day of it, then drinking in town after the game and going to a gig at the metro, if we're still standing!
  • Options
    £12.50 return?

Thats good, how far is the station from the ground do you know?
  • Options
    I've given up on Reading, watching it on a moody arab tv station, then meeting the drunken 6 in Metro
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]£12.50 return?

Thats good, how far is the station from the ground do you know?

pass! my job is to get the boys there. curb it's job is to tell me what pub to meet her in. inspector sands' job to get us to the ground.
  • Options
    Reading - Probably getting train from Waterloo not sure what time depends how pissed Ollie wants to get. Think it is as Suzi says £12-£13 return not bad for an hour twenty journey.
  • Options
    ground is a cab, or a special laid on bus from the station.
  • Options
    why waterloo? its 25 mins from paddington? or are you including the journey from your house?

i don't count the getting to london bit. not sure why tho!
  • Options
    Ah didn't realise there were express trains from Paddington. Will speak to Ollie & go from Paddington instead then. Cheers for the Tip Suzi.
  • Options
    About 7 of us are going from Waterloo as we can't be bothered to trek through London.

I got ticket for £6.15 from Waterloo, which aint bad.

Not too sure how the packed buses are gonna be on the way up to the Madejski.

And Hi!
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    hi bh_red, welcome.

is it really an hour and 20 from waterloo? mindyou you can have a few tins on the train instead off faffing on the tube.

good bar in paddington suzi. id drink there and jump on the train about 2ish. if i were training it...

inside the ground for me i think so get there a bit early.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    have now been told we should get the 12o clock train from waterloo. not sure that is a good idea, as after 10 hours of strong lager and i'll be carrying certain people home! but will let you konw tomorrow ketman/ollie if you wanna get on our train with us and some beers.
  • Options
    Yeah it is rather a long journey but means more cans can be opened so...

Arrive at Reading at 20 to 1 which is a bit too early for my liking but at least the buses won't be packed.
  • Options
    Just been speaking to the Dude, let us know what you are doing & we'll tag along if that is Ok with you guys of course !
  • Options
    more the merrier, fella.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2006
    Just booked Reading train tickets.
    £12.50 - not bad.

Sheffield is £28.50 it looks like from St Pancras, that's two singles

Edit: Just a quick question, if you book tickets for a specific time can you still get on a earlier/later train?
  • Options
    There's not much in it to be honest..... Yes Waterloo takes longer but you avoid the Tube..... Paddington is quicker but it's a pain in the 'arris to get to.

Once at Reading, take the special bus straight to the ground... If drinking in Reading, avoid the pub on the station - it's crap. Walk up the hill and take your pick of a number of bars.... At the top of the hill, go left, and there's even more bars down there....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]Just booked Reading train tickets.
    £12.50 - not bad.

Sheffield is £28.50 it looks like from St Pancras, that's two singles

Edit: Just a quick question, if you book tickets for a specific time can you still get on a earlier/later train?

i think you have to get what you're booked on. what one did you book there and back? i'mr eady to go but waiting on people to reply to me and say they're good to go
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite] take the special bus

that sounds like it could be interesting!
  • Options
    Here you go Suze:

Outward Journey: Saturday, 18/11/2006
    departs LONDON PADDINGTON at 13:05 travel by Train service provider FIRST GREAT WESTERN to station READING STATION arrives 13:30

Return Journey: Saturday, 18/11/2006
    departs READING STATION at 17:56 travel by Train service Provider FIRST GREAT WESTERN to station LONDON PADDINGTON arrives 18:27

Thought i'd play safe, just gotta convince my old man now!