Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Hats off to all the positive thinking, but come on.

Comments

• Options
    Have to agree - I think we are fooked.
  • Options
    More Night games inthe CC............
  • Options
    What concerns me most is not the football aspect - it's the financial aspect of losing out on the large slice of TV money in circumstances where we have already spent next year's transfer budget. I don't think that we would find it as easy to bounce straight back as we did last time round.
  • Options
    I would say I'm at the Serious concerned stage at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]What concerns me most is not the football aspect - it's the financial aspect of losing out on the large slice of TV money in circumstances where we have already spent next year's transfer budget. I don't think that we would find it as easy to bounce straight back as we did last time round.

Agree. Ive no issues with watching us in the CCC, but our wage bill is PL now not CCC so were gonna be in big do do if we dont come back up, which would be difficult if we have to offload players to get the wage bill down.
  • Options
    you're panicking a bit too early in my book.

Everyone was positive last week. One defeat oop north in oop north conditions, when we still scored twice away, shouldn't launch the swingometer completely the other way.

But everyone should be concerned though.
  • Options
    Of course it is a serious threat now, but I fail to see the need to start panicking.
    We haven't done nearly as well as we hoped since the Arsenal game, but we are still only two wins away from mid-table and we have a good shot at a cup semi-final.

It is looking like it could be a long season, but I can't see us getting cast adrift, if we want the results to pick up then we have to support Dowie, Reed and the players. If however you want to us to get into a worse situation, then by all means panic.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter what I do since I gave up my season ticket last year! The whole "two wins from mid-table" argument assumes that none of the teams around us will also pick up points - which they are.
  • Options
    I don't think panicking will affect our situation one way or the other and come matchday I'll be there singing myself hoarse as usual.
  • Options
    However you dress it up its not looking too good.

The two games that we have won we have been very fortunate to in my opinion....

We dont look capable of getting a result away from home....

We dont defend as a unit, therefore far too much pressure on the back four. More away from home...

All responsibility for creativity is placed on a fella who can only use his left foot....

We have a goalkeeper and central defender who dont communicate properly and then have eyeball to eyeball confrontations on the pitch because one isnt loud enough and the other doesnt speak the lingo....

All reliance on goals is placed on one man...

Im giving myself the hump now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]All responsibility for creativity is placed on a fella who can only use his left foot....

Oh come on, Hughesy is just as strong with his right foot.
  • Options
    so what's you answer Southend

give the current manager more money in January to get new recruits, yet increase the financial problems if we do get relegated ?

change manager ahead of January ?

stick what what we currently have on and off the pitch and hope for a turnaround ?
  • Options
    Not to mention two players on Saturday who are clearly not good enough at this level - Holland and Ambrose

Holland - pale imitation of his former self, I couldn't believe it when he let that Wigan player just run past him without even attempting a tackle + then when the ball had gone out tried to gee up the players with some pathetic punching of the air! Try leading by example you're a senior player!

Ambrose - cant even cross from a corner. Says it all really
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]you're panicking a bit too early in my book.

Everyone was positive last week. One defeat oop north in oop north conditions, when we still scored twice away, shouldn't launch the swingometer completely the other way.

But everyone should be concerned though.

Panicking no ... just asking a reasonable question. I was a tad no commital when I was asked the question on saturday night. "You're fuked aint ya...!!!!" But come on, in reality
  • Options
    I just can't work Ambrose out. He's a talented player and gets his chance on Saturday in his preferred position but then by all accounts has a stinker. Sounds like he wants out.
  • Options
    Honestly dont know the answer AFKA.

Certainly wouldnt give the manager more money to spend. Unless we can recoup some money by getting rid of the likes of Ambrose, M Bent, Hughes.

Traore will make a difference and can see him going into the middle, the organisation for set pieces is diabolical, not enough talking going on.

It just seems to me that the players that Dowie have brought in all have negatives that cancel out the positives.

Carson - Great shot stopper and has won us points, but bad communicator and doesnt come off his line enough.
    Diawarra - Strong, great pace, decent in the air yet loses his man at set pieces and commits the odd howler
    JFH - Strong on the ball, powerful shooting but appalling attitude and workrate
    Reid - Creative, works his heart out, good passer with left foot but has no right foot and prone to losing the ball because of it, and stamina problem.

That is the backbone of the side and we are stuck with it.
  • Options
    I heard in the press he was linked to Man City.......
  • Options
    but it could be argued that 3 of those have been in our best 4 players ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]but it could be argued that 3 of those have been in our best 4 players ?

Could be argued that thats maybe thats why we are where we are?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]but it could be argued that 3 of those have been in our best 4 players ?

Perhaps that's because they are seeing more of the play than any of our other players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we must accept that relegation is a fore gone conclusion, given that we probably need 40pts to stay up. That works out at eleven wins from twenty six game or another example seven wins and eleven draws from twenty six games, that is just not on.
    So I think the club from January should prepare for relegation, which means selling Daren Bent hopefully for say £15 million pounds and Luke young are other asset.
    Also we must off load the expensive salary players at end of season, and build a team to bounce back first time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]I think we must accept that relegation is a fore gone conclusion

No offence but that is the most ridiculous thing I've read in ages.
  • Options
    Way too early to say we're going down, and I don't believe we will...

We can't go down, the Palarse idiot at work is already going on about "Agent Dowie"... he'll be unbearable if we go down
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Way too early to say we're going down, and I don't believe we will...

We can't go down, the Palarse idiot at work is already going on about "Agent Dowie"... he'll be unbearable if we go down

Would be OK if agent Taylor took them down though...........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]So I think the club from January should prepare for relegation, which means selling Daren Bent hopefully for say £15 million pounds and Luke young are other asset.
    Also we must off load the expensive salary players at end of season, and build a team to bounce back first time.

i have a gut feeling that when they both signed new long contracts in the summer, with dowie given what has been reported as some of next years transfer budget, they probably have getaway clauses if the club aren't in a certain position at a certain time, (just hope it's not january). can't blame them though, they both have international agendas to think about.
  • Options
    Oh man, I was feeling pretty depressed BEFORE reading that lot.

Can't really disagree with most of it tho - both those being positive and negative. In my view it wouldn't take that much to get us out of where we are. Problem is I just can't see where that "not much" is coming from. It certainly isn't going to come from Traore - as much as I think he's a good player from the little i've seen - unless he can maybe play up front?
  • Options
    "I think we must accept that relegation is a fore gone conclusion."

Don't worry, trust in Iain Dowie

D'oh!