Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gutted if this happens!!!

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Sunderland may make a late move to sign Charlton midfielder Andy Reid for £2.5m. (thisislondon.co.uk 0945 GMT)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Sunderland may make a late move to sign Charlton midfielder Andy Reid for £2.5m. (thisislondon.co.uk 0945 GMT)

We are mugs if we sell him that cheaply.
  • Options
    talk of using Halford as bait ...

too late, wouldn't sell for any amount of money unless there are arrangements already there for replacements (which I very much doubt)

Another eleventh hour sale of our riches will cause absolute uproar, however stupid the money may be, however tempted Reidy might be, time for Murray, Varney et al to put two fingers up
  • Options
    Not enough money to sell
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Sunderland may make a late move to sign Charlton midfielder Andy Reid for £2.5m. (thisislondon.co.uk 0945 GMT)

We are mugs if we sell him that cheaply.

Which we won't, if my well-connected Sunderland pal was correct in telling me we have already rejected two highers offer than that (staright cash, and cash and player).
  • Options
    I hope your Sunderland mate is correct...
  • Options
    got to be a stupid rumour - we'd be mad to sell our best player for peanuts
  • Options
    That's comforting, AFKA. If he did go, surely it'd need to be for a lot more than that. And unless we have something waiting, where could we invest that money at the last minute?
  • Options
    edited January 2008

They can sod off. And so can the Evening Boris and its crappy website.
  • Options
    A couple of months ago i would have said we were mad to sell Reid.But now i'm not so sure.
    The bloke is never fit , and we have to unbalance the side quite a bit to accomodate him when he is.Reckon Halford could be a useful addition.
    Should hold out for more money though.

• Options
    No Deal Mr Keane.
  • Sponsored links: