Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Changing subject for a min - Capello news

Setanta sports news have just announched that he is under investigation for tax fraud.

that should keep his mind on the job!
ha well done the FA!

Comments

• Options
    Old Harry must be chuckling his head off !
  • Options
    So he's a bit late with his tax returns ...... he won't be the only one at this time of year ..... (!)
  • Options
    venables will be having a giggle too
  • Options
    Tax evasion is a way of life for Italians. From the top of society all the way down. They consider it their birthrite to try and avoid paying. Should we be shocked?
  • Options
    Could he still manage England from jail?
  • Options
    only so long until the media found something to slag him off with just in case results don't go our way.

blimey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Tax evasion is a way of life for Italians. From the top of society all the way down. They consider it their birthrite to try and avoid paying. Should we be shocked?

True, they have a quite different attitude to central govt and regulation to that in the UK and before anyone says they have a lot lot lot lot more of it.

Investigations in to even the most serious crimes takes years and years in Italy. He will have won the world cup/been sacked before the case even come to a proper trial, if at all.

Read a good book about life in Italy when I was on holiday there. Will try to remember it's name.
  • Options
    well well thats what happens when you employ crooked eye ties!! Joke country!
  • Options
    Apparently its been underway a while, from Turin, investigation says he Did not pay taxes when he was a caoch at roma.

Comment from FC: He has assured the FA that his tax payments are in order.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Apparently its been underway a while, from Turin, investigation says he Did not pay taxes when he was a caoch at roma.

Shock, everything attached to that awful shitter of a club is bent as a nine bob note! Shakes head in disbelief that the fa actually employed this tit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It took them about 20 years to catch up with Sophia Loren.....
  • Options
    Give him a chance Ollie. He is a great coach with a great pedigree, as a country (or media who feed the numpties or believe everything they read) we have been far to quick to jump on our managers for non-footballing reasons (and even footballing reaons for that matter).

I'm not saying people on here are numpties though.

Apart from MCS
  • Options
    Come off it Ollie, behave
  • Options
    I take that personally WSS. im just sat at home reporting on whats on the telly.
    Mind you they are already backtracking on the seriousness of the fraud.
  • Options
    Why should i give him a chance tho??? He comes from the most crooked country this side of Russia! Anyway its not really him i am annoyed with, in the back of my mind i think he will do ok, but the fa are numpties in the first place! Go on west side, disagree with that last comment??!! ;-)

Oh and numpy eh? Takes one to know one me old china!!
  • Options
    So your problem is with the numpties not Cappello?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I take that personally WSS. im just sat at home reporting on whats on the telly.
    Mind you they are already backtracking on the seriousness of the fraud.
    Well don't, because it wasnt aimed at you, i know better than that!

It was not a dig at anyone in particular (other than the media). It does wind me up though that theyseem to dig out faults with managers and highlight them when in all honesty i don't think there is a need to. I've no doubt he must have some skeletons in his closet but does it really affect his managing? It didnt at Real Madrid last year. It's not important in my opinion. I reckon we could've appointed The Pope or Mother Theresa as manager and the media would find something wrong with them (not the fact that there one of them is dead).

And the FA are numpties but i still think Capello was our best option...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]So your problem is with the numpties not Cappello?

Yeah ultimately, and actually i will admit this too, that last week i was watching cappello watching some fa cup game,and i was perhaps thinking about how he will go about sorting england out, and got a wee bit excited. But then i hear all this eye tie corruption rubbish and it just makes me mad, cos they are so dodgy!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite] But then i hear all this eye tie corruption rubbish and it just makes me mad, cos they are so dodgy!
    Ha ha, what about Terry Venables, Sam Allardyce, Harry Redknapp, George Graham etc etc.

We're just as dodgy!
  • Options
    The considered and sourced BBC take

Worth a read.

I think Capello view of English football might be one of shock
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]But then i hear all this eye tie corruption rubbish and it just makes me mad, cos they are so dodgy!
    Ha ha, what about Terry Venables, Sam Allardyce, Harry Redknapp, George Graham etc etc.

We're just as dodgy!

We are just as dodgy as the italians, i dont think so my friend! They are corrupt from the very top, down!