Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grumpy Old (Wo) Man Thread

edited October 2007 in Not Sports Related
Those petty irritations in life. I'll kick off with a few:

1. Twats who sit outside in the street hooting their horn rather than shift their fat arses out of their cars and knock on the door of the house they want.

2. Drivers who forget / have never learnt that roadworthy vehicles are fitted with left indicators. Congestion would be significantly reduced as people could move once it becomes evident the vehicle with the right of way is turning left.

3. Inconsiderate prats who abandon rather than park their vehicles thereby exacerbating parking problems for everybody else. In my experience the posher the vehicle the more inconsiderate the driver as a general rule.

4. Adults (I can excuse small children) who are incapable of sitting through 45 minutes of football without leaving their seats. On a bad week I'm up and down like a whore's draws letting people in and out!

Comments

• Options
    something wrong about len writing "whore's draws"
    who's view is that really len>????
  • Options
    People, mainly in 4x4s, who drive up your 'arris...
  • Options
    This one will run and run...

SPOT ON WITH 1 LEN! I've always had a real - almost irrational - hatred for them too. I've been caught out twice by drivers indicating left but going straight so I don't believe them anyway. Worst thing is even if you can prove they were indicating, the decision goes against you cos you pulled into their path. I never pull out now until I see them actually go.

3a. Add to that those (usually women, sorry but it is) who insist on u-turning in the busiest road on the planet, usually during the school-run, when the most sensible thing (for all concerned other than them apparently) would be to go with the flow, go round the block instead, and arrive back indoors (usually two roads away) 30 seconds later.

5. Drivers who, knowing they've missed their turning, suddenly career across multiple lanes of traffic in a panic presumably cos they think if they drive any further they'll fall off the edge of the earth into an abyss. GO OFF AT THE NEXT ONE AND TURN ROUND YOU MUG!!!

6. The cyclist the other week who, while walking up Woolwich Road with its marvellous green, highly visible cycle lane, asked me to move across so he could get past me on the pavement.

7. Me for doing so. Twat.
  • Options
    8. Sitting in the middle lane when the inside lane is perfectly clear
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Those petty irritations in life. I'll kick off with a few:

1. Twats who sit outside in the street hooting their horn rather than shift their fat arses out of their cars and knock on the door of the house they want.

2. Drivers who forget / have never learnt that roadworthy vehicles are fitted with left indicators. Congestion would be significantly reduced as people could move once it becomes evident the vehicle with the right of way is turning left.

3. Inconsiderate prats who abandon rather than park their vehicles thereby exacerbating parking problems for everybody else. In my experience the posher the vehicle the more inconsiderate the driver as a general rule.

4. Adults (I can excuse small children) who are incapable of sitting through 45 minutes of football without leaving their seats. On a bad week I'm up and down like a whore's draws letting people in and out!

If 1,2 and 3 wind you up Len, never, ever come to Portugal,they seem to think that those actions are compulsory over here...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]something wrong about len writing "whore's draws"
    who's view is that really len>????

It's all my own work but the expression comes courtesy of an old colleague of mine from County Meath in Eire.
  • Options
    Sunday morning drivers - dawdling along like they've got all day.
  • Options
    People who park across two parking bays meaning both are taken.
  • Options
    car drivers that pull out in front of me (when on my scooter) from a side road without looking then have the effing gall the snidey snotty little ***kface shitheads to blame me.

Like yesterday morning.

If I wasn't doing the knowledge - have to keep my nose clean - I would have smacked the 'erbert from here to the end of the earth
  • Options
    People who pay good money to see a game Of football and constantly moan when the team are playing good or bad never get behind there team as they are to busy moaning and when the team are 4-0 up still find the need on a Saturday afternoon to leave 10-15 minutes early
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2007
    So largely, speaking people are more irritated by other drivers than anything else (including those who leave games early to 'beat the traffic') .... Autopia or Autogeddon ?!

"If an alien was to hover a few hundred yards above the planet
    It could be forgiven for thinking
    That cars were the dominant life-form,
    And that human beings were a kind of ambulatory fuel cell:
    Injected when the car wished to move off,
    And ejected when they were spent."
  • Options
    I find the common cause of all my annoyances are other people. Get rid of the lot of them I say.
  • Options
    Well there are far too many of them on this planet that's for sure!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]People who park across two parking bays meaning both are taken.[/quote]

Completely agree. I live in a permit only area. Half the people round here can't bloody park properly... So about a third of us are fighting for p*ssing spaces.

My house mate actually wrote notes on about 5 cars telling them what arses they are...

grrrrrr. exterminate all people.
    grumble over.
  • Options
    Cyclists that seem to have no concept of what red lights are for. I swear the next time one comes flying past me on a pedistrian crossing, I'm going to stick my arm out and clothesline the tosser!!
  • Options
    Ken Livingstone is teh most annoyingthing on the planet FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Ken Livingstone is teh most annoyingthing on the planet FACT

I concur...FACT
  • Options
    game for you
    http://www.norbiton.com/red-ken/game/pac.htm