Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ideal weight calculator

edited October 2007 in Not Sports Related
Makes me 12 lb overweight.

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

You?

Comments

• Options
    15lbs under for me
  • Options
    Spot on me, my liver on the other hand!
  • Options
    I'm 20lb overweight, but I was 35 lbs over when I was playing sport week in week out when I was at Uni
  • Options
    Loads
  • Options
    9lb over
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Only 10 kilos over my target then! (just under 2 st)

BMI of 27.9 Oh dear
  • Options
    A couple of GP friends of mine really shun these

I ran the london marathon in just over 4 hrs at 15 stone 4 lbs- if i was my "correct weight" i would be at least 2 stone lighter.

A good programme for the average person, trouble is there isn't any such thing as the average person.

Remember "pinch an Inch" that's a better analysis!
  • Options
    9lbs over 'ideal weight', 5lbs over 'medical recommended weight', bmi 0.6 too high...i'm fffaaaaatttt !
  • Options
    'overweight' ...does that make me a tango man ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm 2 kg under-weight...
  • Options
    No Comment

Glad im starting footy in a few weeks burn some of those excess pounds
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    4 Inches too short.

Playing squash 2 or 3 times a week, but still have to cut down on beer and crap food intake.
  • Options
    Dont take too much notice of that chart.

Doesnt take into consideration what your body looks like.

What about your fella of average height who weights 12.5st goes to the gym a few times a week and does a fair bit of weight lifting compared to your 6 foot fella who weighs 12.5 st and lives on curry and lager.

I know who id rather be even if that does put me in the overweight section.
  • Options
    I bet I win ........feck me I know I am overweight, but according to Stones calculator I need to lose around 60llbs
  • Options
    By that chart Johny Wilkinson 5 9" and 13st 10 is bordering on obese.

hmm...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]By that chart Johny Wilkinson 5 9" and 13st 10 is bordering on obese.

hmm...

Fat C**t!!!

Andrew Sheridan is 34lbs over with a BMI of 31.1
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    15 kgs over, however i eat well, porage ( new spelling for it) for breakfast, pasta for lunch, followed my some fruit and an evening meal. No snacks during the day, was going for a run every morning, since i moved house about a month ago, I haven't been. When I was running, I did not lose a pound in weight, but lost a lot of timber from around my middle.
    I have done a marathon in 3 1/2 hrs, however my days of getting into a pair of 32 inch shorts are over.
  • Options
    I'm obese.

Used to play plenty of sport (rugby, cricket, athletics, football, squash) and was able to do marathons in about 4 hours and half marathons in about 1 hr 40 mins until my mid forties but then injuries and ailments caught up with me.

I'm unable to much more than walking these days.

Hence the excess weight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I bet I win ........feck me I know I am overweight, but according to Stones calculator I need to lose around 60llbs

How did Johnny Vegas describe himself? 18 stone of idiot?......... LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'm obese.

I'm unable to much more than walking these days.

Hence the excess weight.

Don't suppose a bag of chips before every home game helps much either !!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    LOL!

I wondered which of you and Henry would be first with that:-)
  • Options
    BMI is a very crude and often unhelpful way of determining a healthy weight.
    AS Southend points out, most of the boys who will be fronting up to the Saffas on Saturday night will be comfortably in the orange according to it.
    And of course, as we all know, muscle is heavier than fat...
  • Options
    I've managed to shed 4 Stone since february. Still dreaming of the Fat section as a target though . If you see me at Wolves offer me a burger with all the trimmings and test my willpower. :-)
  • Options
    Drat...my doctor was right in calling a fat bastard.....but there was still no need for him to burst out with "who ate all the pies" as I was leaving his surgery!
  • Options
    F******king hell.

According to the Medical thing I'm twice what I should weigh, According to the ideal weight I'm at least 65lbs over, according to the chart above I'm clinically obese, and my BMI is 37.5.

Gulp!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bc_addick[/cite]I've managed to shed 4 Stone since february.

Congratulations Brian, I hope that may act as an inspritation for DJ Davey and anyone else reading that may want to shed serious weight. You read these things in magazines bit carries more weight (pardon !) when its someone you recognise.

Anything in life is possible, you just need to want it enough.
  • Options
    Thanks AFKA, Long way to go and it's a struggle at the moment so any encouragement will be welcome. It's all part of a master plan to lose 10 stone. The chart says I'd still be overweight even then but I reckon I would look anorexic lol we'll see. I use Slimming World by the way and the Mrs comes along too and she has lost 3stone +
    7 stone off the old bedsprings :-)