Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stupidest thing you've done celebrating a goal...

Any embarrasing moments?

When we were in Portugal my mate celebrated the Sol Campbell goal that never was so much that he ended up about 4 rows in front in the lap of a couple of fit Portugese birds, they werent too happy and neither was he when the goal was ruled out.

A few years back when we scored at West Ham the fella next to me kissed me full on the lips, I didnt know whether to snog him back or deck him :)

Comments

• Options
    When we scored up at Leeds in the cup a few years back (Gary Nelson?) a fella I was with was so happy (or drunk!) that he decided to start kissing people. I didn't know this and as I turned round he was just about to plant one on my cheek but ended up kissing my eyeball - sucking out my contact lens in the process, which he then spat on the floor. Had to watch the rest of the game with one eye.

My mate wrote into When Saturday Comes with the story and it was actually read out during the Radio 1 breakfast show one morning! You could say it's my only claim to fame, that is until I score the winning goal for Charlton in a nine goal thriller in the 2007 FA Cup Final at the new Wembley Stadium of course!
  • Options
    [cite] Off_it:[/cite]When we scored up at Leeds in the cup a few years back (Gary Nelson?) a fella I was with was so happy (or drunk!) that he decided to start kissing people. I didn't know this and as I turned round he was just about to plant one on my cheek but ended up kissing my eyeball - sucking out my contact lens in the process, which he then spat on the floor. Had to watch the rest of the game with one eye.

My mate wrote into When Saturday Comes with the story and it was actually read out during the Radio 1 breakfast show one morning! You could say it's my only claim to fame, that is until I score the winning goal for Charlton in a nine goal thriller in the 2007 FA Cup Final at the new Wembley Stadium of course!

its amazing what a win does... lifts the spirits. or have you just been on the sauce?
  • Options
    Hmmmm ... do you think I should have maybe gone for 2008 instead then? Must admit, I'll probably be struggling to achieve peak match fitness in time to challenge for a place in the semi final staring line up.
  • Options
    thats more like it !

las game at Selhurst i tripped 2 seconds after Scott Minto scored. Hit the deck and then had about 50 peole go over the top of me and hit the floor. It was like Domino Rally and took about five minutes for every one to untangle themselves.

Got an elbow in the face when we scored at Notts County and smashed my glasses to pieces.
  • Options
    Goggles!!!
  • Options
    Man City away when Magic Morts scored his beauty - it was at Maine Rd when the away end was benches. Needless to say I hit a few on the way down.
  • Options
    When we played wimbledon at selhurst park first season in the Prem, Neil Refearn scored a blinder, I went mental and got kicked out by the Police at Stewards, they said it was dangerous jumping around because I could of hurt a disabled supporter sitting at half a mile away. Scum james blunts! I'd love to go back and burn the place down!
  • Options
    have also been over Welling when the hoardings collapsed, as they always did for an FA Cup game.

Every stuck in the back of the net.
  • Options
    Don't know about embarrassing...but when Shirtliff scored the first of his two goals at St Andrews against Leeds my mate and I piled forward and we accidentally knocked a kid about half our size for six. Instead of celebrating the goal we were busy picking him up and apologising to him and his father (who seemed remarkably sanguine about us assaulting his son). Five minutes later and Shirtliff scored again, but this time the kid had taken pre-emptive action, instead of celebrating the goal he had his hands tightly over his ears, his elbows were protecting his face and he had assumed the crash position...When I remember the match I always feel a few pangs of guilt that I spoilt someone's moment.
  • Options
    I'd love to go back and burn the place down!

Why? that would only improve the place...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not Charlton, bu i played a game on the playing field opposite the main pub in Slade Geren about ten years ago. They had a load of locals from the pub along the sideline and were giving us stick all through the game. Halfway through the second half i scored a beautiful vollley, promptly run half the length of the pitch laughing and giving it the nescafe signs to these 20-30 chavs.

Then they all started laughing and doing it back, i turned round and found out the ref had disallowed it for offside. Wanted the ground to swallow me up.
  • Options
    Ha ha good thread. When Benty scored v birmingham (when he skinned melchiot from the half way line) i celebrated so hard i dislocated my shoulder! (wasnt a first they pop out for fun!)

At boro away i got a friendly punch in the face by the bloke next to me when we scored our first, and a playfull shove into the next block along (accross the steps) for the second! They guy was only short but very strong! (or i am just weak!)
  • Options
    [cite] 04_MCS:[/cite]They guy was only short but very strong! (or i am just weak!)

I'd got for option B mate!!!

I've forgotton what celebrating a goal is like
  • Options
    Not a goal celebration...at Selhurst standing in the Arthur Waite, the ball richoted into the crowd...one of my friends tried to punch it back and instead succeeded in punching me on the side of the chin...at least he swears it was an accident.
  • Options
    The Away game at Villa where we required a win to stay up, had no tickets and me and the old man got roped into going to lakeside after listening in the car for about 70 minutes we got the call to get in the shops to look at something, anyway we found an electrical store and found out it was 3-3 standing there devasted looking at the teletext to come up full time and our chances dashed, when up pops 4-3 and we hug each other yelling at the top of our voice 'we are staying up' by this stage the whole shop is looking at us and a man come from behind the counter tearing towards us, waiting to be told to calm down he annouces is this Charlton which we confirm he then joins the hug and the trio celebrate by bouncing around the store for a few minutes more until we calm down, when he slips of to finish his shift. Makes me chuckle to this day the 3 of us jigging around the store
  • Options
    ahh thats a great story bourne.

and all the women were probably just looking and rolling their eyes at grown men making fools of themselves.
    nice one.
  • Options
    everyone has done it Bourne, been dragged shopping with the missus when we're away to Blackburn etc. Go past Radio Rentals and give it a big YES if we are ever winning. You can't control yourself.

Haven't jumped up and down hugging shop staff though !!!
  • Options
    To be fair it meant a bit more than just Villa away
  • Options
    England Poland at Wembley a few years back in a qualifier. Shearer scored (after Sir Les had obstructed the Polish defender) and I turn round and picked up my sister and threw her up in the air only to see her land two rows in front on top of this kid......... Loads of apologies needed!
  • Options
    LOL! Quality Bourne!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game at Selhurst, against Villa I believe & Leaburn had been his usual self & I had some fat bespecled eejet with a Proclaimer looking mate slating him over & over I wanted to scream. Leaburn then scores an absolute belter & without a moments thought I turned around and said ' You can stick that right up your ar5e you fat tw@t '
    Feeling ever so happy I turned round to see my Dad's face..................oh the shame on his face when he realised what he'd created.

Oh & thanks to the geezer who lifted me up when we scored against Fulham at the Cottage.................how's the back mate?
  • Options
    I've really enjoyed reading this thread - keep it up lads!

My boring story of over celebrating happened quite recently up at the riverside for the cup match. When we equalised I jumped up but on the way down my shin scraped against the back edge of the seat in front. The excruiating pain left me completely speechless - which made this one of the most quiet of goal celebrations.

I knew my shin was in a bad way but decided not to look at it until after the match - the match was more important than the pain. When I returned to my car I then looked at a 3" deep graze down my shin. Fortunately, it being against my the bone prevented too much blood but this had now congealed.

That night has now left me with a mauve scar down my shin to remind me of Operation Riverside!
  • Options
    I think a few of us were suffering with scrapped shins after the Boro goal.
  • Options
    forgot the best one of all, Oakster can vouch for this.

We used to have this lad who used to come along to our Charlton Internet team called Leo, he wasn't the greatest footballer in the world to say the leasta nd often played high on drugs.

We played this one game down at Coldharbour in mottingham, and he come on with 5 mins to go. There was a goalmouth scramble and he toe poked it in. It was the first goal he had ever scored in his life and the whole place went mental. Every player, people on the side, and even some of the opposition joined in the mass bundle. Eventually everyone pulled away leaving him lifeless at the bottom in agony.

Turns out that when someone jumped on, their knee landed straight on his jacobs. He had to be ROLLED off the pitch and was substituted.

Never laughed so much in my life.
  • Options
    JJ goal against Everton, the north lower had been changed so you had a clear run from the top to the bottom of the tier, flew down with my mate, and then jumped on his back, forgetting he's 11stone, and I'm nearer 14 stone.

Poor fuckers back hasn't been the same since
  • Options
    I've got two stories probably from about the same time. I was 14 when I went to the game at Birmingham against Leeds in the play-off Final Replay. When Shirtliff got his first goal I was so overtaken with emotion that (probably after celebrating with my brother) I grabbed the nearest policeman and tried jumping around with him instead. If I'd been older he would probably have arrested me. But how can you arrest a fourteen year old whose jumping around with tears streaming down his face. I've never been so happy at celebrating a goal. I still remember how I felt the 1st goal was the best. It gave us the chance of penalties. I don't think I could believe the second goal. Then we got chased across some grass in the dark by Leeds fans as we were going back to the coach. Does anyone else remember that?

It must have bee around the same time that we had a football competition at school. It was like a six a side thing and me and my mates (who were generally renowned for being a bit dodgy at football) we playing one of the favourites with boys in the year above. Loads of people were behind the goal supporting us on this grassy bank. We were 1-0 down but putting up a good fight. We were the only team to have people singing for us - it was surreal. Then I passed the ball to my mate Nick (who was our best player) who somehow scored. The people behind the goal went mad. I remember running over to him and getting him to look in that direction. They must have slid on the wet grass because they all surged down towards the goal (we'd scored at the other end). If only I could experience something like that as a player at The Valley. That must be truly unreal.