Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Bent and Saturdays team

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Does he deserve a start now? Either way what would your team be for Sat?

I am in two minds, 451 or 442, however I'm thinking Thomas is unlikely to be fit so its more likely the latter, so start with both Bents, despite his great cross I think JFH needs to do much better. Hughes and Holland don't do it for me either, but we don't have a lot of options, and Kish looked even worse. Carson could perhaps do with a rest..

my team assuming all fit

Mhyre

Young Diwara Elk HH

Romm Faye Holland/Hughes Reid

Bent x2

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2006
    I would have thought Dowie will stick with 4-5-1 for an away game, with Reid reprising his successful role in the hole (hey, aren't I a poet?). The rest of the team probably depends on who is fit. I would hope to start with one of the Bents up top, Rommedahl, Reid, Faye & Holland in the middle and Young, Diawara, Elk & HH at the back. Mhyre or Carson in goal.
  • Options
    JFH has offered nothing in the games Ive seen so Bent squared for me, although maybe we should keep it tight and start with 4-5-1 so we can build on our new found solidity at the back.
  • Options
    Bent squared! lol
  • Options
    Bent impressed me from the word go last night, worked really hard for the team and was great that we recognised it too midway thru the first half. Still not the most gifted player but work-rate goes a long way.

In contrast, apart from the delivery for the goal and the odd decent pass, forget JFH. Fat and lazy and the only player in our history that want to see the back of just so I can start singing abuse at him again!!

"Fat Eddie Murphy, you're just a fat Eddie Murphy..."
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    [cite] C_f_W:[/cite]
    In contrast, apart from the delivery for the goal and the odd decent pass, forget JFH. "

Whilst i quite agree about JFH seeming lazy and disinterested most of the time- Credit where credit is due- that cross for the goal was a peach though.

Nevertheless- I'd start with Big Bent ahead of JFH on Sat.